Oil for running in?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogfox

Reaction score
Hi just picked up the bike today AMAAAAAAAAAZZZZZIIING ! One question if I need to add oil during the first 600 miles running in is there a specific type or grade I should use. I have some Castrol Power Racing .... Any advice ? Thanks ;D

And did anyone need to add oil before the 1st service?

You shouldn't need to add any oil if it had the correct amount from the off. If you do I'd get it back to the dealer to be checked out! :eek:
I've never had to top mine up & done over 20k now ;D :D

babarr46 link=topic=1657.msg15682#msg15682 date=1352315004 said:
You shouldn't need to add any oil if it had the correct amount from the off. If you do I'd get it back to the dealer to be checked out! :eek:
I've never had to top mine up & done over 20k now ;D :D

Ditto.......1st bike ive never had to top up :eek:

:eek: Really? Trust me,you shouldn't be topping up oil on your first 600 and even after that,I haven't had to top mine up at all.

Thanks for replying that's great and helpful, had triumphs before and they eat oil .... Will monitor but useful to know ... To be clear I haven't needed to add any at all, it was just to ask what to expect .. Ta ..

There no need to do anything with the oil,matter of fact id say theres too much oil in them from new for the running in period

Running in oil tends to be Mineral oil, i'm not sure what BMW use though. I'm pleasantly surprised at how little the S1K uses, even with the extended service intervals.

Latest posts

Back