Shift assist issue

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickyC

Reaction score
Is the standard shift assist sensitivity adjustable? Currently requires a very hard lift on the pedal to activate it which often results in a second attempt as the first wasn't strong enough. Maybe this is because the bike is new and has only done 250 miles? Thanks.

I'd return it to the dealer and tell them to adjust it.
They may try and blame the shift problem on your boots which is a valid point because i used to own a pair of Alpinestars GPTech's and they would restrict the movement of my ankle, changed to Sidi boots and its much easier.
There are issues with the quick shifter as well.
http://www.s1000rrforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1302.0

Seriously tho take it to the dealer as I've read on here that messing with the shifter can damage it.

Thanks guys.

Buzz, I'll give that a try first and see how i get on with the new positioning, failing that I'll speak with the dealer.

UrbanRacer, I know what you mean about the boots although I'm currently using a pair of Sidi Vertigos which do give a decent amount of movement where needed, like 'em :)

250 miles , I'd take the fecker back
Mine went difficult to change and I took it back , it was knackered and they changed it

Back