Gearbox sprocket removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
Im after a bit of help , how the hell do you get the gearbox sprocket 32 mm nut off , ive flatened out the tab/lock washer,tried breaker bar , impact wrench . I presume its normal thread direction as in anti clockwise off >:

Billy

As it spins anticlockwise to drive the bike forward I woul hazard a guess that it's a left hand thread but not for certain. ..

Not 100% certain but am pretty sure that bolt is conventional thread i.e. Anti clockwise to loosen. (It was on my Suzuki)

It's probably just v.tight, an impact gun should do it ok, just make sure it's fully charged. :)

Put it in gear with both wheels on the ground have someone sit on it & use something to extend the length of the wrench simples! ;)

Shouldnt be that tight? I remember when i geared up to change my sprocket, impact gun etc i was surprised how easy it spun off! The nut is just to hold the sprocket on, not to stop it spinning so no need to be ultra tight.........

Sorted ;) I borrowed my mates 450 flb impact wrench ,locked the back wheel and it cracked off no probs ;D
Now to try the 16 t gearbox sprocket , it should be a right hoot ;D

Billy

Back