ilmberger carbon belly pan decals

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwobbler

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
The exhaust on the new bike looks rank. But the tree-hugger in me likes the idea of saving the planet by leaving it on. Plus I definitely don't need the bike lighter or with more power. So I decided to keep the standard pipe and cover it. The Ilmberger belly pan looks great - except it is plane. I like the decals on the standard belly pan so got copies fitted to match. While I was on I decided to add the M logo towards the back (I've only just spotted SMR are doing the same) I was in two minds, The "M outline" which matches the engraving on the rear sets or the "M logo" with the correct colours. I went with the "out line" simply because the colours in the M logo do not appear anywhere else on the bike. I'm pleased with the way its turned out.

The graphics were done by Tom at Smile Graphics. He can do the same, now he has the sizes, in any colour you want, ie for a red bike not just M colours. You can get him on email - Tom at [email protected]

Before
Standard Belly pan a.jpg

After
New Belly pan 2 a.jpg

New Belly pan 3 a.jpg

Looks good.

On the carbon bellypan is there a slight lip with the top of the decal fitting the contour?

If that were me now I'd get some black mesh, shape it and silicone it on from the inside. I did that on my k6 gixer looks ago looked mint

Love it! May well do the same when my belly pan arrives!

Bit hard to tell accurately from a photo, but how close is the colour match for the red/white/blue and the stock fairings?

Love it! May well do the same when my belly pan arrives!

Bit hard to tell accurately from a photo, but how close is the colour match for the red/white/blue and the stock fairings?

The white and red are very good matches.The blue is as good as the original blue on the belly pan - which is not quite as good as the blue on say the tank or fairing. It is metallic though. That low down you would never notice.
One thing to bear in mind, the area where the M logo is positioned is different sizes on each side (not sure why) so the M on the other side runs over the curve in the carbon fibre slightly. It looks slightly better on the other side imho but because of the way the bike sits on the side stand you cant actually see it. I'll get a picture up to show what I mean.

Back