service issue on gen 4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r25sti

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
had my first service today, there was an error code stored on the ecu, the flapper valve in the air intake wasnt getting full movement. new part ordered. i didnt get any warning on dash about this but tech guy said i should have. it may have just happened.

Interesting, did they say they had seen other bikes with this? My service booked in on Friday, currently on 605 miles.

Interesting, did they say they had seen other bikes with this? My service booked in on Friday, currently on 605 miles.

when the tech came back with the bike i had a good chat with him, dont think they have even had a tank off a gen 4 yet. he said he didnt know what the issue was and not seen the code before. the part ordered was the part from the fault code. he said it could just be a stone in the intake but needs stripping to get to. he also said when it throw the code you could hear the motor shuddering whilst trying to move, ive not experienced this at all in the 750miles i had done.

First service booked for Wednesday next week, happy days, hopefully perfect timing for some restriction easing fae Wee Jimmy and i can get out a blast other than to work.

Daz

Booking mine in tomorrow. Was going to be a simple run in service but I felt some clonking in the left fork in the last few hundred metres of my ride today [emoji26]

Didn't thing bikes made as recently as mine were meant to have that issue

I had my run in service carried out today at 570 miles and no issues were reported to me by the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an engine management light. The bike feels fine, the manual says something about emissions, and my dealer is emerging from lockdown so I get to whinge next week.

ta der.....lol. stone in flapper valve in airbox. :) new valve fitted. :)

BIU9UMz.jpg

Yeah in the van finally getting mine back I thought I recognised your face from crossgates cafe/petrol station. Had I known it was you I?d have spoke lol.

lol, i was dying to come and see why your bike was there.lol you looked deep in conversation and didnt want to butt in. :)
Lol we spoke more about the van than the bike to be fair. It was there for the oil on the sump but hopefully fixes this time. They recon when the shift cam was kicking in the pressure was throwing oil out.

Lol we spoke more about the van than the bike to be fair. It was there for the oil on the sump but hopefully fixes this time. They recon when the shift cam was kicking in the pressure was throwing oil out.

fingers crossed for you then. :) glad i didnt come over now,,,a vans a van.lol

ta der.....lol. stone in flapper valve in airbox. :) new valve fitted. :)

Errrr..... How the hell did that stone get past the Airfilter and into the airbox!!!!

Even if you barrel rolled through a gravel trap, is shouldn?t be able to do that.... very worrying.

If it had travelled further = grenaded engine.

Errrr..... How the hell did that stone get past the Airfilter and into the airbox!!!!

Even if you barrel rolled through a gravel trap, is shouldn?t be able to do that.... very worrying.

If it had travelled further = grenaded engine.

the weird this is i think its before the filter. on the gen3 if you look in the nose you can see the filter, on the gen 4 its futer in and it cannot be seen. need someone to post pics so we can see the valve position. defo never got past filter. they also said it was the only time this part has been ordered and fit in uk according to bmw

Back