Colours and value

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaz

Reaction score
Guys I on the hunt for a nice late used S1000RR at the moment..

Most bikes seem to be in the Motorad red white and blue colours which is great as that will likely be the way I go..

But is say a yellow or black one worth less ?

I remember when Kawasaki sold the ZX6R in yellow and it went down poorly and used ones struggled to find homes unless they were very cheap .

Was wondering if the same applies to the S1000RR.

Cheers

Chaz.

Motard cost £450 extra when new so should in theory be approax this much more than other colours. In the end its down to what you like. They all loose value at a scary rate so you might as well have one that you are happy with.
I got a Sun yellow back in July 2011 (2nd hand 500miles £9,995 with extra's) and think the bike looks miles better in the flesh than it does in pictures. If I keep it and get feed up with the colour will have it re-sprayed ;D After all bottom half of all of them are black.

Usually the motorsport will fetch a little more money, as you had to pay for that paintjob from the dealer (circa £400/450) unlike the plain colours. :)

The Motorrad bikes are ten-a-penny.

Can't see them being worth more as there are so many if the Chav monstrosities out there ;)

MOz link=topic=1608.msg15314#msg15314 date=1351371929 said:
The Motorrad bikes are ten-a-penny.

Can't see them being worth more as there are so many if the Chav monstrosities out there ;)

D'you know, i think yr right about there being more, seems to be more sensible people out there than i thought and whats more we've bought hoodies !! ;D ;D

Thing is the motorsport or black/thunder grey are colours anyone would be happy to own, some of the others might put people off i guess?

andybarsblade link=topic=1608.msg15321#msg15321 date=1351419249 said:
Thing is the motorsport or black/thunder grey are colours anyone would be happy to own, some of the others might put people off i guess?

Totally agree. All other colours IMO are less mainstream/marmite and divide opinion, thus more niche, therefore could be worth less due to the basic economics of supply & demand. I love the Motorsport colours too, but think that they may "date" a bike going forward.

However, if Daniel Craig rides a yellow one tonight to a Bond premiere...they'll probably double in value overnight!

Motor sport bikes go for a little more but on average 8-8.5k or up to 9k is the going rate for a 2011 bike and add another 1-1.5k for a 2012 bike with all the bells and whistles on it

Red and white is the colour choice for me .. I have plenty of time to find the right bike as I dont ride through the winter months so will just keep looking till the right one comes up..

I did not realise the red/white combo was more expensive new though so good information !

Thanks.

Chaz.

It's not. The solid red and white is a class standard colour. The only extra cash is chav - pay to own the same as 90% of other owners.
;)

4B69CAFE-5DD0-43D2-84FE-1BE3D48D64E5-1782-0000030DF3B8EF2D.jpg

No colour is worth more or less,like others have said the MS cost £450 more from new. Buy the colour you like because either way,these bikes are going down in value big time. And if I had second choice it would be the black.

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1608.msg15345#msg15345 date=1351450456 said:
No colour is worth more or less,like others have said the MS cost £450 more from new. Buy the colour you like because either way,these bikes are going down in value big time. And if I had second choice it would be the black.

Not true according to my dealer. They reckon the yellow and pea green are worth less.

Godzilla link=topic=1608.msg15354#msg15354 date=1351453782 said:

Not true according to my dealer. They reckon the yellow and pea green are worth less.

If I'm honest I was told the same by two Dealers which is partly why I asked the question here a I only believe half what a Dealer would say ....

Godzilla link=topic=1608.msg15354#msg15354 date=1351453782 said:

+1

I have not noticed any difference in the cost of a used Yellow or Pee Green compared to say a Black S1000, I think they just take longer to sell.

phil link=topic=1608.msg15404#msg15404 date=1351612135 said:
I have not noticed any difference in the cost of a used Yellow or Pee Green compared to say a Black S1000, I think they just take longer to sell.

Making them worth less as a consequence. You want something that sells fast or sticks around for a long time?

MOz link=topic=1608.msg15406#msg15406 date=1351614914 said:
phil link=topic=1608.msg15404#msg15404 date=1351612135 said:

Making them worth less as a consequence. You want something that sells fast or sticks around for a long time?
The way the market is at the moment the only way you will sell fast is by accepting a V low price. Just look on flea bay for S1000rrs that don't make reserve price regardless of colour :( The thing is Supersports bikes are a luxury toy and depreciate accordingly. What ever you do DON'T work out how much it costs you per mile. I'm convinced it would be cheaper to own say a Porsche 911 on a mileage basis. BUT not ;D per mile.

I'm specifically talking about trade values. We all know the private values are on their arse thanks to a variety of reasons.

MOz link=topic=1608.msg15422#msg15422 date=1351630604 said:
I'm specifically talking about trade values.
If your talking trade in Value then yes a non MS coloured bike is probably worth £100 or so less ..
The Retail prices of Yellow and Pee Green bikes are the same as the Black or Silver bikes, as I said they just take longer to sell. I still like the P$$$ Green Bikes ;)

Back