Shift light.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HongKongPhooey

Reaction score
Just had a quick read through the owners manual to finally get around to change the shift light operating range as it still comes on at around 7k?

It's done his ever since it had a new engine fitted by BMW. I assume they forgot to take off the shift light, as they forgot to remove the limiter too at the 600 mile service.

So, my question, can this early flash be removed, or is it dealer only to turn it off?

Cheers peeps.

Phooey.

If your limiter is off then you can change it in the set up menu & the brightness etc...
It also lights up in first gear around the 7.5k rev mark to give you the optimum start revs to dump the clutch( not brave enough to try this myself though) :eek:

Ahhhhh yes, forgot about that.

I did go through the menu and reset the on off to 11 and 12.5, just forgot about the launch guidance.

You're right though, I'd want to be sat on the tank to risk dumping the clutch at 7.5k, having said that, in any mode other than slick, it would stop it flipping. In theory :eek:

Anyone tried the launch guidance then? Ie properly dumped the clutch at 7.5k? Did it work well, or did you need new knickers?

Phooey.

interested in hearing everyone else's experiences of the launch control. Can you launch in sport mode also?

Without DTC. If you get it wrong you will probably just end up having to roll of, or if you have no right to be in sport mode.... end up on your back with bike on top of you.

If it isn't in slick or turned off it drives me nuts , in fact ......... It's wank I thought , the juddering will have you hurting your balls IMHO

Back