Hayes piston size

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!

So am I right assuming master cylinder is 17?

Last edited:
That would be a reduction over the gen 3 mc.
Actually makes the stocker perfect for the 32mm gp4rx's on a gen4

- Alex

Last edited:
From reading the ~32mm 4pots sit between 17RCS and 19RCS can use either. 19x18 brembo is probably the right mc for the job if you have to ??'s

- Alex

From reading the ~32mm 4pots sit between 17RCS and 19RCS can use either. 19x18 brembo is probably the right mc for the job if you have to ??'s

- Alex

Both cost same moneys right ?

I got told that anything <= 32mm is better suited with 17RCS as makes brakes application more smooth and progressive, which is what you want into the turn.

I'm using Brembo 19RCS CortaCorsa with my Hayes calipers,braking is exactly the same as the OE setup.For me,I have no reason to change the settings it came with.

basically the lower number gives a less power,but more feel,and more travel.the RCS ones are good as give you options as to what you want from the lever,a lot people run 19/20 ratios because they think it gives more stopping power,which it does to a degree,but at the expense of general feel,they are basically on/off,which makes it hard to trail the brakes.i much prefer the 17/18 on my bike,even though the pistons are larger on my calipers,it gives a lot more control on the brakes.

Back