Front and rear 520 pitch sprocket advice please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nich146

Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone have knowledge of which number tooth sprockets to run on the track. I'm a fast group rider only. Apparently the rear sprockets are an issue as the ones currently available run 3mm out of line. The new ones will have a recesses on the back to align them. Alpha racing supply one but Im not sure if it has the recesses. Any advice on numbers of teeth and sprockets generally would be appreciated. I saw that Neevsey runs a 43 t rear on his new build Bike fro Prime Factors.
Cheers
Nick

It's track dependent, which tracks are you riding at ?

I've been using B&C prototype and Alpha racing ones, no issues with fitting at all, just plug and play.

Apparently,if you use Alpha rear,you also need Alpha front.
B&C Renthal rears fit with the same front as Gen1,2,3.

Gearing is relative to whether you prefer using the 'box as 5 or 6 speed.
For 6 speed 16/46 works pretty well at most circuits(except the obvious ones like Mugello,Portimao etc.).

Apparently,if you use Alpha rear,you also need Alpha front.
B&C Renthal rears fit with the same front as Gen1,2,3.

Gearing is relative to whether you prefer using the 'box as 5 or 6 speed.
For 6 speed 16/46 works pretty well at most circuits(except the obvious ones like Mugello,Portimao etc.).

I used Alpha front + B&C rear 46, no issues.

Jerez is 16/44 on Gen3/4 520 btw

Gearing

Just buy a selection of 520 sprocket sizes so you can easily change your gearing to suit different circuits and rider preference etc. I bought 16T, 17T, 44T, 45T, 46T front and rear sprockets for my Gen 4 from alpha Racing.

Re: Gearing

Did you know the Alpha racing sprockets run 3mm out of true and they are re engineering them once the tool shop reopens

Does the speedo drive come from the gearbox and if the speedo is inaccurate can it be recalibrated?

Speed comes off the ABS ring. Is not affected by gearing.

Last edited:
Back