Engine control unit failed...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvirta

Reaction score
Really nice message to see after 1278 kilometers. The message said forward journey possible, yeah, at 2 km/h x)
Power off, power on, error message gone. I have to visit the dealer tomorrow to find out what is the problem.
The bike was manufactured on March 4th so let's see what problems newer bikes have.

I keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
I had a bunch of error messages when my battery was flat, but never that. Good luck.

More than likely emission control outside the specified parameters.

Thanks guys :)
I visited the dealer today and they did read the error codes. One code showed up in the error history and it was throttle related. It matched the milage when the error occured. Well, it explains why the bike didn't move any faster :D

Now just have to wait and see if it happens again, hopefully not.

Eventhough Carly app is not designed for motorbikes, it was also able read the error code and it said throttle 1, control, position control unstable.
No, I wasn't holding the throttle at the moment and neither do I have parkinson's :D

Throttle and Grip position are two different readings.
TPS issue would be on the engine throttle body directly.

Throttle and Grip position are two different readings.
TPS issue would be on the engine throttle body directly.
Thanks for the info, the service guy at the dealer said it would be the grip related or between grip and ecu, might be translation error that they really shouldn't make. Well, let's see if it happens again, bike runs fine otherwise and I have been riding about 140 km after the error.

Hallo
Had the same message on my bike today. Used it for 400km so far. Same as you, ok after ignition off and on. Some problems with starting also sometimes. Production Date 04.03.2020.

Last edited:
Haha, how do you do it on a bike :D
It's not clear whether the god damn apple device has to be even connected to the bike or not, most likely not if even apple watch can trigger it. The situation where my bike threw the error was a traffic stop by police (not for ticketing luckily :D ) and the policeman was standing half a meter from the bike. I know it sounds totally crazy, but if non paired apple devices can trigger the error, that could be the reason if the police had a apple device on him.

Would be nice to hear from oilhead in what kind of situation his bike threw up the error or whether he had apple devices on him :)

If it really is apple devices, then one must avoid people wearing them so only back country roads and highways then, avoid cities :D

The message appered after a stop at gas station. Started the bike and whent 100meters before stoping. Then message came on. My first tought was that this is a software problem between the phone and the bike. Stoped it and waited some minutes. Started fine.
Back home i stopped the bike outside. When i was going to start it again, nothing happend when pressing start button. Had to turn off ignition and wait. Then it started. It was kind of dead....

I have an iPhone 11 with the latest software paired, since I've had my bike (Feb 2020), it has forgotten the phone once and I had to re-pair it. But no issues as above described to date, touch wood!

Back