Hi from Chaz..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaz

Reaction score
Hi.. Ive been out of bikes for a couple of years and now looking to return after a couple of years playing silly buggers on Jet Skis....
Last bike was a KTM RC8 (2008) and I had a lot of the bigger Jap kit like R1s Gixxers and the like...

So now Im looking at maybe a late used S100R.. But a bit confused with the various options like traction control and ABS ect ect..

Time to get the homework done as I will be buying over the next couple of months or so as that will give me time to get the bike how I want it ready for next year....

Thanks !

Chaz.............. ;D

Sounds like your going to be in the right place at the right time! I assume you will have no trade in and the S1000rr depreciation rate is scary ( but all big bikes tend to be) You should be able to pick up a bargain, especially at this time of year. Go for one with ABS , Traction Control and Quick shift as you pay a little extra but well worth it. You can allways turn the ABS and TC off as and when. 2012 is an update of original resulting in power band being slightly different , bigger rear sprocket (one tooth) rear set unit has vents and front side panels has "winglets" Check out ebay to get an idea of prices and test ride at your local BM dealers. Some bikes had a recall for engine crank bolts issues so ask if this applies to any you are intrested in.
Good luck ;D

My advice would be to either buy a 2011 or an HP4........
So you get either the bees knees or......a bike in its 2nd/3rd year of production without all the cost cutting exercises implemented by the manufacturer....and of course no wibbly conrod bolts that appear to have devalued the bike for some crazy reason.
Oh and get a MS version , they may be the most common colour , however there's a reason for that......All the other colours are shit ;) ;).....well except black maybe

Back