Factory pro gear shift spring

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUZZ

Im welsh get over it.!!!!
Reaction score
Got one on order,had the odd mis shift on my 2010 bike had none on the 2011 bike yet but i havnt ridden it hard but fitting it makes the shifts alot more positive so it can only make the bike better,ill update and review once fitted

Took mine out-it took the skin off my toe!
Funnily enough,it didn't have any missed shifts after I took it out.Mind you,I'd also bought different boots.
Used the old boots and had missed shifts!

Had none on my 2011 bike but i haven't run it hard yet,so we will see if it feels more positive on the downshifts and high rpm from 5th to 6th like it did on the 2010 bike.???

Fitted the spring today and will give it a test tomorrow if its not raining.?

Gear shift more positive and finding neutral easier aswell...happy dayz.!!!

Where Can you get the spring from? How hard is it to fit? Very interested in one of these

Factorypro in the states,just google factorypro bmws1000rr detent spring,you can order through website and pay via paypal delivery took 7 days and no duty on it either ;)

Hopper link=topic=1596.msg15423#msg15423 date=1351630858 said:
Where Can you get the spring from? How hard is it to fit? Very interested in one of these

Hi Russ,
I'll sell you mine-factory-pro's postage is a rip-off! £40 inc p.p
If you haven't got the bmw cd manual I can copy the pages re.fitting.

It's easy enough to fit but you need to remove the clutch hub(no need to drain the oil).
You will need to borrow the clutch hub locking tool and tdc pin from your dealer.
Make sure you put the clutch plates back in the same order!

I'll take it Baz. Your a top bloke :)

Have we spoken about this before ?

Can't remember Russ,but it should definitely help with your problems,assuming it's not quickshifter related.
It makes the shift more positive.

As I have said elsewhere,I took it out because:a.I've sold the bike and b. it took the skin off my toe!(too many trackdays! and also,I think the gearlever peg needs rounding off)
As,I believe,you run race shift it shouldn't bother you.

Russ,PM me with your details

Hopper link=topic=1596.msg15453#msg15453 date=1351752221 said:
Cheers Baz. Thats great

You sold your bike ??

Yeah,put all the standard gear back on and traded it on a new one.Managed to get it run-in in 3 days(including 1 day at Snetterton!),but haven't used it in the dry yet

I have swapped the suspension,exhaust and PCV and had it set up on the dyno(well impressed with that,even though its still tight with only 550 miles it made 202 rwhp din-and that's 12 more than the old bike).

Just got to change chain and sprockets and sort some bodywork.
I may take it to Snett on Tuesday(probably be wet,but it's used to it now!)

That's good power. I still can't believe how much power these bikes make...

Wish I only lived 5mins from Snett :)

Ha ha. Same here lol. Will you be joining is on any more Easy Track days next year ?

Took mine out-it took the skin off my toe!
Funnily enough,it didn't have any missed shifts after I took it out.Mind you,I'd also bought different boots.
Used the old boots and had missed shifts!

Funny how soft top boots can make a big difference.

Shifting:
My attitude is that "if you kick it out of gear, it ought to go into the next gear.".

In the shift mechanism, I usually try to decrease friction and minimally increase the spring tension.
If you have problems with sensitive toe skin, sometimes it's better to decrease the spring rate on the shift shaft centering spring.
But if changing boots solved the problems - good!

Are you using the stock shift linkage? I've not heard much about toe skin issues.
:)

BR

Marc Salvisberg
Factory Pro

Hi Russ,
I'll sell you mine-factory-pro's postage is a rip-off! £40 inc p.p
If you haven't got the bmw cd manual I can copy the pages re.fitting.

It's easy enough to fit but you need to remove the clutch hub(no need to drain the oil).
You will need to borrow the clutch hub locking tool and tdc pin from your dealer.
Make sure you put the clutch plates back in the same order!

SOrry about the shipping expense -

USA shipping dilema

As of August 2013
It's:
$48 for USPS Express shipping.
5-7 working days transit
up to 1 pound package (even if it's a little teeny spring)
Tracked, step by step
Insured

There's no option to ship slower and get the same tracking detail - with "Priority", you get I entered it into the sytem, it was picked up, it left the USA and from there, I might get a notice that someone signed for it (or not). Up to 30 days in the ether.
That might be ok for some, but, not for most people. They want real tracking. ($48).
One of the huge problems with untracked Priority has been with shipping losses - international buyers would claim they never received it and we would be on the hook for a refund and they keep the product.
The other problem would be when customs intercepted the package and added their duty - buyer decides they don't want to pay the duty and the package sits for 30-60 days and then sent back to us on a slow boat - then, the buyer claims they never got it and we refund them (paypal!) and eat the shipping.

USA tracked shipping is expensive. That's about the long and short of it.

Marc Salvisberg
Factory Pro

Back