Warrior

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needsmust

Reaction score
My first search on Google for ?Kriegar? took me to Wikipedia, which helpfully explains that it comes from the German and means ?warrior?.

After a bit of value-seeking, no longer does clever Google direct me thither. As a result of all the surfing I?m now waiting for an R20 to arrive in the post, along with the strap-on pocket for phone/wallet.

I have an ageing Oxford tailback that I should have posted about in the luggage thread (it?s great and can easily be fixed to pillion) but I?ve always fancied a Kriega backpack. I never knew they were British. My last trip with a Berghaus pack ballooned the little drink receptacles, and the trailing straps whipped me into submission.

(I reckon that if I get these little extra expenses over soon, they?ll still pale into insignificance next to the cost of the bike)

Any experience of this excellent-looking bit of kit? Should I have gone bigger? Or smaller?

Late last year I purchased a kriega backpack and its very well made and very comfortable. Not a fan on having luggage attached to me but this is a good compromise. Haven?t used it much due to weather and now lockdown.

Kriega is quality kit mate, you?ll not go wrong. I?ve got a US30 which is ample for 4 days round the NC500 and a week at the TT. Also got 2 x US10s that strap to it nicely and all work well together.
mines has seen some torrential M6 motorway rain and 3 days of it round the North Coast and not as much of a drop of water was inside.

Late last year I purchased a kriega backpack and its very well made and very comfortable. Not a fan on having luggage attached to me but this is a good compromise. Haven?t used it much due to weather and now lockdown.

Exactly this. If you are gonna have a backpack strapped to you, then you won't get better. But I'd rather not, and I stopped using mine, preferring the tail packs or Ventura stuff for longer trips.

There's no questioning the quality though, beautifully made.

I?ve used an R20 as a riding backpack for years and think it?s very good. It?s light weight, well made and very comfortable.
I used an R30 for commuting for a few years and that?s excellent too.

If I was buying a new Kriega backpack, it would probably be the new Trail 18, as it has compartments and a waterproof section, so functionally it seems to be a good compromise between the R20 and R30.
However, it does of course all depend on what you intend to use the backpack for.

https://kriega.com/riderpacks/trail18

Thanks Oli, I had a good look at that 18 but decided against. The R20 looks more straightforward as a daily non-rain pack, and I can just imagine all the cack that would accumulate under that handy looking mesh.

Kriega is quality kit mate, you?ll not go wrong. I?ve got a US30 which is ample for 4 days round the NC500 and a week at the TT. Also got 2 x US10s that strap to it nicely and all work well together.
mines has seen some torrential M6 motorway rain and 3 days of it round the North Coast and not as much of a drop of water was inside.

I?ve got similar kit to Rob & I second his recommendations- mine has been through some really heavy rain with no leaks. It?s quality kit. Well worth the money.

Back