Gen 4 full system options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
I was sure there was a thread on here listing all of the exhaust options available for the Gen 4 but I can?t find it.

Been trawling the net trying to decide what I?m going to go for and thought I?d make a list of the full systems available. So is there any I?ve missed?

Austin Racing
Akrapovic
termignoni
Spark

I was sure there was a thread on here listing all of the exhaust options available for the Gen 4 but I can?t find it.

Been trawling the net trying to decide what I?m going to go for and thought I?d make a list of the full systems available. So is there any I?ve missed?

Austin Racing
Akrapovic
termignoni
Spark

Think I?ve seen an Arrow system also

Full Systems

I would recommend Akrapovic and Arrow full systems having used both extensively on track over the years.

Akrapovic
https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/products/BMW/S-1000-RR/2020?brandId=44&modelId=377&yearId=5648

Arrow
https://www.arrow.it/en/assembled/1659/BMW-S-1000-RR-2019-2020

For Akrapovic call Calsport directly for discounted pricing and for Arrow get in touch with either Phil Crowe or B&C Express as they normally offer very good prices as well. There are other sources (eBay et al) but start there first if buying either of the above brands.

I know the Akra will probably be the best system but it just seems the safe option. Everyone has an Akra.

The Austin Racing exhaust looks and sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full Systems

I know the Akra will probably be the best system but it just seems the safe option. Everyone has an Akra.

If I hadn?t already have bought an Akrapovic system for mine then I would have opted for one from Arrow. Both are extremely well made and easily comparable in terms of cost, weight and performance. I only have experience with Akrapovic and Arrow so I can?t comment on other manufacturers.

I won?t be going for an Arrow purely on looks. The Akra carbon can is a much better looking exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akrapovic

I?ve never been particularly fussed about aesthetics but the Akrapovic exhaust does look quite good when you get it out of the box.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah they are lovely, but the full carbon can is even nicer looking. You can tell they're quality and it's obviously the system to go for when you see all the race teams opting for it but I won't be racing or doing many UK tracks so I don't have to really worry about noise levels.

My head is telling me go for the carbon Akra with titanium headers and my heart is saying go on be a rebel and go for the Austin...

Full Systems

From what I?ve seen in the paddock the Akrapovic build quality is a lot better. That and you may be limited to rearset choice as it looks like most of their systems utilise the OEM rider footrest/exhaust bracket and not the rear subframe. Other than that I have a general dislike of loud exhausts, but that?s just a personal preference.

Back