San Marino edition - Bahnstormers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it, tried to buy it.
Couldn't justify it.

I saw the teaser pic a couple of months ago and enquired.

- Alex

We had a San Marino blue S1000R in our showroom - quite striking (in a good way), but the colour was so intense it made other bikes (particularly the red S1000RR Sport next to it) look washed out.

Looks like Yamaha

ugly

Not for me either, they should just leave that colour on the ///M car range. Not sure why they charging a premium for the colour on the bike, as now it's not even classified as an 'Individual' colour as such in the car range as San Marino has been replaced with Marina Bay Blue.

Last edited:
The 25k price is because it's covered in carbon and M accessories. It is well spec'ed but the PCP deal which was running out on my Gen3 left me with an 8k deposit to find on top. Just to make it ?240p/m with another monster balloon payment.

Would have been better to finance it through other mechanisms.

I'd now rather get a Red or Hock one and spray it up.

Nah.

I want to get a 2nd hand one next year.

Or an R1M. Or an RSV4 1100. OR A Street fighter

- Alex

The 25k price is because it's covered in carbon and M accessories. It is well spec'ed but the PCP deal which was running out on my Gen3 left me with an 8k deposit to find on top. Just to make it ?240p/m with another monster balloon payment.

Would have been better to finance it through other mechanisms.

I'd now rather get a Red or Hock one and spray it up.

Unless I'm missing stuff, I'm only seeing M levels and rearsets, so that's about 1k (RRP). Plus ?1700 of Ilmberger carbon. Total of ?2700 over an M Sport, so that's pricing the paint job at ?2300. Seems a fair bit.

Now I look again, that might be the tinted low screen too, but that doesn't change the numbers much

Is it me or is the rr graphic on the clutch side fairing not placed/ finished correctly. Looks like the top of the R if wrapping over the top of panel. I took a screen shot but don?t know how to post it. It?s got the silver one perfect in the back ground and they look different. I think for that money I?d want it perfect.

I think it looks stunning, though personally couldn?t just the price as would rather spend the money on other mods

Back