Superbike build

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, Alpha were posting pics on instagram of what they are shipping them earlier...oz wheels etc

- Alex

Not watched/had time.

What's the brand of triple clamp? Was it built following finite metallurgy stress and flex modeling? Has it changed the rake and trail?

...or did they just carve a pretty shape out of an alloy...

The money being spent on that build blows my tiny mind. Incredible.

Also made me wonder why they don't just start with the frame and engine, rather than buying a whole bike, since it seems everything else is being replaced anyway.

The money being spent on that build blows my tiny mind. Incredible.

Also made me wonder why they don't just start with the frame and engine, rather than buying a whole bike, since it seems everything else is being replaced anyway.
I would imagine it comes down to waiting time to get a new bike vs. getting frame+engine. Maybe they didn't want to wait.

Re $$, if you saw P Hickman bike at Excel, you wouldn't be that surprised. WSBK spec costs about 40-50k gbp

I'm actually surprised it is that low. Way beyond what I'd spend or could justify though. Maybe if I was 1/10th as good as Hicky!

thats way off tbh,for a WSBK spec bike,you can triple that,or double it for a BSB sbk spec,s/stock will be around 45-50k

engine would be 20k minimum!!

Great series and not a "fricken awesome" in sight as in the annoying Jaret Campisi. Be great to see it going through set-up at the track

Back