Truth

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needsmust

Reaction score
Does the lean-angle-o-meter lie?

Somehow, I had 44 left and 38 right on the way to work, but I don?t recall leaning more left than right. To be honest, 40 feels a lot while running-in on shiny tyres with new-bike nervousness and dash-button twirling.

I suspect that each additional degree feels like a bigger degree.

I assume left turns are not as scary, as they are all kerb side.... Whereas right turns are almost always into opposing traffic....

On my first 90 miles on my gen 4 I was only getting 35ish on right and 39ish on left...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hmm... I?ve never thought about leaning more one way than the other. I?d have thought that right would dominate, if only for roundabouts. It took me quite a lot of contemplation to decide which way round the sign on my back should go (see avatar).

I think this tool might be a bad thing.

managed 48 on both sides, but feels a lot more to me. was trying for more then remembered its a new 20k bike and not even run in, so calmed it down a little.lol. it defo feels less stable then the gen 3 on the bumpy roads i ride but think i just need to get more time on her. :)

Bear In mind a cambered road will add false degrees
Will it?
I suppose so, but surely the feel on my bum will be real? I don?t remember the Karussell on the way to work.
The bike can only know the angle of the bike compared to dead level, no?

managed 48 on both sides, but feels a lot more to me. was trying for more then remembered its a new 20k bike and not even run in, so calmed it down a little.lol. it defo feels less stable then the gen 3 on the bumpy roads i ride but think i just need to get more time on her. :)
48 is sporting.

Theres my target! lol

48! I have a way to go and will probably wait until tyres scrubbed in a bit more!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

No chicken fillets for dinner tonight then Rich! lol And these are on tyres you dont like if i recall? lol

Back