Akrapovic MotoGP stubby

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HertsTif

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for opinions from owners of this slip-on:
akky.png
Longer term, post warranty, i'll probably be looking for a full system and a remap, but I'd definitely like a bit more of an interesting noise (and more volume without getting banned from tracks) than the stock can.

Firstly, is it marked as not for road use? I'm assuming there's no E-mark as it says it doesn't meet road use standards on their website.

Secondly, do you think it was worthwhile over stock? The cats are so damn huge that I wonder what a slip-on can really accomplish these days.

And finally, did BMW agree to maintain warranty with this?

Any other thoughts and comments on it are appreciated!

These are end cans and don't affect the warranty. With the cats in, you don't need a remap.

I think they are a good idea on the stock system, much less weight, bit more noise. Looks have grown on me.

I quite like the look of the sc project one... just to throw a curve ball...

I've got the akra stubby on mine.

Looks much nicer than the stock.

With the exhaust servo disconnected, sound pretty good too.

If you do disconnect the servo, you may need a servo eliminator gizmo to prevent fault codes. I did so I bought the one from Healtech, works a treat.

I've got the akra stubby on mine.

Looks much nicer than the stock.

With the exhaust servo disconnected, sound pretty good too.

If you do disconnect the servo, you may need a servo eliminator gizmo to prevent fault codes. I did so I bought the one from Healtech, works a treat.

Thanks for this. Would you say it's noticeably louder than the stock can too? I'd like to have a servo eliminator, but I'm sure BMW will use that as an excuse to not do something or other

Ive got a stubby akro and I aint got a clue what it sounds like due to bmw fitted it to my broken bike, but it does look nice hopefully I?ll find out what it sounds like next week when I get my replacement bike.

Really sorry to hear that Sam76. Fingers crossed for you.

And fingers crossed for me, I collect my bike tomorrow. Who knows which if the large collection of issues it will have.

HertsTif...just off topic but did ur dealer make u bank transfer the balance?? Although I'm in car sales I just get my customers to whack it on the debit card...however my dealer wants them to BACS it over

I couldn't do mine on debit card either, had to Bacs it. I am also interested in slip ons, have looked at the Austin Racing GPR1, looks good and sounds good too, don't know whether it has removable baffle though?. Also looking at the sc project as well....
6f4368d129c9880f25d789d8a6ddc5b9.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. Would you say it's noticeably louder than the stock can too? I'd like to have a servo eliminator, but I'm sure BMW will use that as an excuse to not do something or other

With the exhaust servo connected, I would say it's a bit louder than stock, certainly a deeper sound.

I didn't run the stock can with exhaust servo disconnected, so cannot compare that.

Back