Vibes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HertsTif

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard from a few people that the Gen4 has got some pretty bad vibrations - but it's not something I recall from my test ride. I'm trying to arrange another test ride (hopefully it won't be 2C this time!), but thought i'd ask the Gen4 owners on here what their experiences are.

I know BMW have had vibe issues in the past (XR), but it's certainly not something I've had on my Gen1

Couple of members mentioned vibey mirrors but nothing mentioned recently.
when u rebook u test ride see how it works for u

Heavier bar end weights resolve it in many case, or did in the case of the previous generations.

I note the new XR has 'isolated' handlebars to avoid this being a feature of the 2020 XR.

I?ve done 500 miles on my M and don?t think it?s a big deal, but other Gen 4 owners have commented on more significant vibes so maybe it?s luck of the draw.

Thanks for all the feedback. Seems it's a bit pot luck, but at least the bar end weights are an option if you do get it.

It was the same with the XR... I rode one and had only very slight vibes on the bars at a certain RPM. Rode another one which was supposed to be the "fixed" version, and it vibe'd like mad on the footpegs and bars to the point that I would not have accepted it from the dealer.

On the test bike I rode last year the vibrations through the bars were certainly noticeable at lower revs.

well the vibe through the bars were not all that bad on my new bike. more than the gen3 but ok, only problem was the vibes when over 100mph (private road) at about 105 to 110 it really did get a little scary. felt like it would shake apart. at 125 it felt like there was a major issue going on. :( . im going to check the balance of the front wheel and finish running in then im going to sed what the dealer says.

Last edited:
All I've experienced is vibey mirrors, they may as well not be on at certain times!

No vibrations through the handlebars and touch wood no issues at high speed, apart from the other day when I hit some cross winds and thought the bike was going to fly out beneath me!

5 more days like that and u can book her in with rob or nick. Did u get caught in any rain?? Or just grime/crap from the roads??

well the vibe through the bars were not all that bad on my new bike. more than the gen3 but ok, only problem was the vibes when over 100mph (private road) at about 105 to 110 it really did get a little scary. felt like it would shake apart. at 125 it felt like there was a major issue going on. :( . im going to check the balance of the front wheel and finish running in then im going to sed what the dealer says.
Thats not normal - sounds like an issue other than the vibes from the motor.

Back