Low Seat Option

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimglasgow

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the low seat yet and if so what's your thoughts on comfort. I have the Standard RR Sport, but I'm considering the low seat as its a tad high (I'm on the balls of my feet) compared to my last RR where my feet were firmly on the ground. So was wondering if anyone has bought low seat and if so has it compromised the comfort level and is it only available as an M Sport seat as that is all that is shown in the catalogue.

R25sti has ordered the low seat and hoping to take delivery very very soon!

I bought and fitted the low seat this week, but did not really notice any height difference, Both feet are still clear of the floor.
As for comfort - well it feels the same as the standard M-seat - Hard, but not too uncomfortable.

Last edited:
its suppose to take about 10mm off, not huge but that's what I just about need, last bike I think was 815mm

ive ordered the low seat and this. :)

CkppqS2.jpg

Can?t make out if that?s a rubber ring for when u get home....? Lol

I bought the low seat. Im 5'6" and found the bike taller than my gen 3. There is very little difference between standard (medium) and low but its just enough to give me the extra mm i was needing. Thats my take on it anyway. Im sure i was ?260 for it so will be selling off my standard one to recoup something.

I might try and get mines modified. I bought some padded cycling shorts for the standard M Sport and they didn't make any difference at all. My arse was still numb! I'm up on my tiptoes with the standard seat.

M Sport Seat Options

As far as I?m aware the M sport seat options do nothing more than alter the seat height (849mm, 824mm and 814mm). According to the brochure they are really for track use as opposed to being designed for comfort. It might be worth buying a standard seat and using that on the road instead.

Re: M Sport Seat Options

As far as I?m aware the M sport seat options do nothing more than alter the seat height (849mm, 824mm and 814mm). According to the brochure they are really for track use as opposed to being designed for comfort. It might be worth buying a standard seat and using that on the road instead.

ive ordered one of those too, well meant to have. i will see this week. :)

No problem with the standard ride height for me and the comfort on the normal sport seat is very good IMHO.

Regards to M Sport seat, think it was Neeves of MCN who said you may as well be sitting on a piece of wood! Quite of few of the YouTubers have complained about them too and had custom designs made instead.

After an hour commuting from Twickenham on saturday, I bought a pair of motoskivies. Height is fine, what are people paying for a standard sport seat?

I bought the lower seat as I found the standard msport seat a little uncomfortable after a while. What I have noticed is the front of the seat is a little narrower and does make it a little easier to reach the floor.

I bought the lower seat as I found the standard msport seat a little uncomfortable after a while. What I have noticed is the front of the seat is a little narrower and does make it a little easier to reach the floor.

So you got the low "regular" seat, no the low msport one? Just wanted to check

Back