Great start. NOT

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam76

Reaction score
First start up on my new bike and the engine management lights on with 7 miles on the clock

Update:
My bikes has now been in bmw since Saturday I have spoke to them they have replaced the complete exhaust servo and the problem is still there, there isn?t any electrical faults showing and they are now waiting on bmw Berlin for further assistance on issue. Bloody great start on a brand new bike.

Definitely far from ideal - I'd work on them for some kick backs from BMW for the inconvenience...free service etc..

Definitely far from ideal - I'd work on them for some kick backs from BMW for the inconvenience...free service etc..

I?ve already had levers, paddock bobbins and charger out of them for another problem on delivery I was refunded the ?500 comp which I bought the slip on with

So sorry to hear of your woes, that must be very disappointing for you :(
I feel like I?ve been kicked in the boll@cks I?ve waited 14 months to get it to only have it snatched back days after

If they cant fix the fault in a reasonable time you can reject the bike and have another new one, not ideal, but certainly worth mentioning to the dealer that you may consider it if things are not sorted.

If they cant fix the fault in a reasonable time you can reject the bike and have another new one, not ideal, but certainly worth mentioning to the dealer that you may consider it if things are not sorted.
I?m hoping it don?t come to that as it rides absolutely fine even with the light on, I?ll give them until the weekend and then I?m going to kick off.

I?m really sorry to hear of your initial ownership experience @Sam76
As the others have said, I hope this gets fully resolved soon and that you have a great Summer ahead of you.
Keep us updated on proceedings

Hi Sam76, definitely not great got mine on 7th , had a run 100 miles odd & all good then on 9th heading to get biketrac fitted have a engine warning come up , ride to dealers said the flap in exhaust for emissions but all clear & good. Then after getting biketrac fitted get another more serious engine warning call bmw emergency services they come out check it all clear it & say ok , then as riding home again engine warning so into dealers. They still have my bike just rang & told servo cables on order as saggy ...eh really new bike , waiting parts see what monday brings . Waiting since March last year finally get now no bike ....definetly not happy , hope yours gets sorted & mine

Sounds like the same problem with mine, my dealer tried to say Id touched the cables on the servo because they were loose when I fitted the rearsets which I knew was boll@cks so they replaced the complete servo unit and got exactly the same problem but there ain?t no faults showing on the computer, I don?t think I?ll be getting my bike back anytime soon.

There are just far far too many problems, many serious being reported on newly delivered bikes from what was once considered a prestige manufacturer. :grief:

Vince1100 have you heard anything from your dealer about the problem with your bike? my dealer is trying to find me another M sport as they cannot figure out what the problem is with mine and with bmw Berlin closing how long Im I going to wait now for my replacement!!! hopefully not another 15 months.

Vince1100 have you heard anything from your dealer about the problem with your bike? my dealer is trying to find me another M sport as they cannot figure out what the problem is with mine and with bmw Berlin closing how long Im I going to wait now for my replacement!!! hopefully not another 15 months.
Hi sam76 , yeah got mine back tuesday they found a problem with lagging cables to the servo tried to adjust but couldnt so got new cables in & replaced, had a run on it 100miles ish & not seeing any more errors or problems at the moment , fingers crossed . Hope you get yours sorted would ask why they havent replaced cables might help otherwise yeah you might have a wait .

Back