Rear Hugger Removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Any tips on rear hugger removal? I understand a couple of the screws can be a pain, so any tips/advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Take the exhaust off to get to the plastic screw behind it, and just be gentle with the screws. And buy a replacement for the one under the chain guard as I don't see how it's humanly possible to remove it without chewing it up

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

All of the above. The screw/well nuts are nylon. Easy chewed. I replaced the one behind the exhaust with stainles alan cap and lock nut if i remember correctly. Give the nylon screws a squirt of wd40 before you remove them.

Thanks guys. Any possibility of doing it without exhaust removal? I?ll get some spare screws from my dealer in the coming week.

Yes you can do it with exhaust still on but you will most likely need a right angle screwdriver as its a tight space for even a stubby screwdriver. The exhaust removal is 1 nut & bolt removal and 1 bolt to slacken. Very easy.

Rear Carbon Hugger and Chain Guard fitted :D

24-D8-D352-532-A-4-AA7-A64-F-6-F57963-D21-C3.jpg

AB0-CE72-F-1-F4-F-4-D37-8-B9-E-0-FDC3-AF586-D8.jpg

4-FDB380-C-FBD3-4611-9-AB6-C4-D73-AE312-D6.jpg

91-AC5-BBB-C6-EF-4692-913-A-C4-E3473676-E4.jpg

Oof, that looks lovely. Who makes that part? And how did you find fitting it in the end?

It's made by Ilmberger mate. As to fitting, I cheated in the end and took it to dealer, they charged peanuts but did tell me they also chewed up the screws and replaced with new ones and also removed exhaust to make it easier. So some good advice was given here already buy our fellow members!

Sounds like mod 1 should be replace all these light, plastic, screws with TI ones from Racebolt/Probolt.

No mate not long now... made plans for a mate to collect 3rd April but may surprise him and collect sooner lol

Sounds like mod 1 should be replace all these light, plastic, screws with TI ones from Racebolt/Probolt.

I seem to remember on one of the YouTube videos of Gen4s having a full carbon makeover that they specifically mentioned the bolts around the hugger being useless. Can't remember if they said they were nylon or metal now, but they definitely had (minor) problems.

Yes you can do it with exhaust still on but you will most likely need a right angle screwdriver as it?s a tight space for even a stubby screwdriver. The exhaust removal is 1 nut & bolt removal and 1 bolt to slacken. Very easy.
In case others ask, can be done for the cost of a new clip, no removing exhaust

Back