Jap4 carbon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
hi have any of you guys used Jap4 carbon,whats the quality like,im fitting a ilimberger full length road belly pan cos im leaving the cats on,i really just want to know if its any good and will not look like rubbish,next to the ilimberger belly pan,also whats the best way of fitting it.ie silicon,double sided tape,or Velcro,im thinking of getting jap4 carbon frame,swinging arm protectors, the bikes not due till mid march msport,

I had them on my l7 gixer were ok but not a brilliant fit, had carbonin on my zx10 and was perfect fit. Just ordered carbonin for the bmw

I'm a firm believer of you get what you pay for...lots of mixed views on different carbons....different weaves etc. Me personally I'd stick to one brand for doing the whole bike so at least it would be consistent.

My hugger on my M Sport is Jap 4, very nice. I also just fitted Jap 4 frame protectors to my mates gen 3.
Good fit and looks really well.

thanks for the replies guys,alex im not sure what the weave is, it didn't say much on there web site,ill ring and ask,unless im wrong but only ilimberger do the long road belly pan,which is not cheap,thats why I was looking for carbon else where

Last edited:
Hi, Ilmberger’s the best. It’s Twill. I have Jap4performance and its good in material, fit varies. Generally their stuff is 3k plain weave. I.e 3mm.

i’d stick with the same supplier especially with twill. Ilmberger will have the weave going in the same direction. Starts looking like a bad tablecloth if it changes direction. J

thanks guy for your feed back when you say you got the lot in carbon from carbonin did that inclued a road long belly pan,as im keeping the cats on

cheers mate ,mines just going to be a rd bike,but i will be def getting the ilimberger road belly pan,unless somebody else starts making some

Back