Brentuned Gen 4's

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
I follow a few guys on YouTube who are based in the US and have the 2020 S1000RR's. They have had their bikes Brentune flashed and in the mid-range it's unlocked up to 60hp depending on which gear you're in. I understand the US bikes have some kind of emissions restrictions which saps the power and basically these guys were complaining that there were flat spots below 8k rpm where bike would feel low on power/torque. These flashes have gotten rid of that and now they're very happy with they power and torque figures on the dyno and on road performance.

Am I right in saying, that for us guys in Europe, our standard bikes are already on par with what these Brentuned bikes are achieving on the Dyno graphs? Because our bikes didn't come with the restrictions that US bikes did?

My bike is still in the run-in phase and has the limiter, engine feels a bit tight and need loosening up so I cannot do a direct performance comparison with my Gen 3 just yet, apart from the fact it feels a lot lighter!

Correct, especially with the stock exhaust.

You might get more HPs with racing Akra system, but that's only because BMW doesn't provide official flash for it.

For the price, I would seriously consider RS2E.

Thanks BBB, I thought as much.

Not sure I'll be needing the extra power/torque, but if I do then will keep RS2E in mind :)

True, my dyno guy was amazed how good out the box it was, especially the torque. He concentrated on the fueling which didn't take much input but is spot on now. Even fitting a full system I only gained 2BHP, but saved a ton in weight. Bike had done 350miles so was tight. Its going back in when I get back from monteblanco where he's going to play with throttle vales as these close up a bit from doing the fueling.

I was out on mine for the first time today, 12c in Scotland, who wouldve thought. Anyhow, i had a gen 3 and now the M Sport. World of difference. The first things that i noticed, lightness, grunt from minimal revs and the brakes were very progressive. I was very impressed and i have a Ducati Panigale V4 with full Akrapovic system and upmap. Allegedly 226bhp.

Thanks BBB, I thought as much.

Not sure I'll be needing the extra power/torque, but if I do then will keep RS2E in mind :)
Give Dave from HM racing a call to ask his opinion. He has M with RCK pro kit. Find out if he gained much from fueling/ignition changes.

Give Dave from HM racing a call to ask his opinion. He has M with RCK pro kit. Find out if he gained much from fueling/ignition changes.

Anyone found a dyno of a 2020 with Akra and RCK Pro?
Would like to know if it makes much of a difference

I've seen an S1000RR M Sport with full Akra and Brentune put out 204hp to the wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm going to disappoint you all, but mine only showed 198bhp with OE ecu, full racing akra and BMC filter.

IMG_20200109_235435.jpg

End figures on a dyno don’t mean too much if they’re only one or two hp off your friends, as it can vary because of the dyno, the operator and tyres etc.... What’s more important is the graph and how the power and torque is delivered across the Rev range.

Mine was 197 stock and 199 with full system.
We'll see in three weeks when it goes back on same dyno with filter and a thrashing on track :excitement:

End figures on a dyno don’t mean too much if they’re only one or two hp off your friends, as it can vary because of the dyno, the operator and tyres etc.... What’s more important is the graph and how the power and torque is delivered across the Rev range.

Well said

Back