after market rear sets that dont cost silly money

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nich146

Reaction score
Thought i's post this in case anyone out there is looking for rear sets for the Gen 4. The M sports are beautiful but massively over priced and the Giles are pretty crap and over priced. I bought a set off e bay form China that arrived in a week and look great and work even better. Easy to fit in minutes.
If youre interested
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcyc...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

First time I’ve heard Gilles rearsets are crap. I’m a big fan of Gilles products. BMW and Yamaha seem to think they’re ok as well. :anonymous:

whats wrong with my crap gilles that are really well made and suit the bike :)
Ok. No offence to the Gilles fans but the set I saw at the bike show were underwhelming but the FXR are actually identical the chinese set I bought but £300 more expensive.

Ok. No offence to the Gilles fans but the set I saw at the bike show were underwhelming but the FXR are actually identical the chinese set I bought but £300 more expensive.

what are the Chinese ones made of? are they tried and tested? ive see many posts where the Chinese levers have broken,

Jimmy mac on here told a few stories some while ago about the quality of chinese metals in the aero industry... no manufacturer would consider using chinese metals/alloys...

I had a brand new chinese (Lightech copy) chain adjuster fall apart on me on a huge straight at the top of Loch Lomond A82 a couple of years ago... just saying...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good thing about Gilles is if you have an off and break a bit they sell all the parts seperate. I wouldn`t trust Chinese copies of controls on a bike that`s as powerful as our bikes.

I am not a fun of cheap Chinese copies. They tend to fall a part. It does not worth your life...Save and buy some quality products.

Back