Gen4 Oil Leaks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noxx

Reaction score
Hi lads, can you do me a favor and check your Gen4's and see if it's leaking any amount of oil on the left hand side of the engine casing? Mine is not dripping oil, but it's wet even after a clean up with brake cleaner. I will attach a photo in a reply to this post.

hard to tell where that is? is it near any breather tubes for the airbox?

hard to tell where that is? is it near any breather tubes for the airbox?
It's right above the '678' printed on the coolant hose. The slight green/yellow color. It's Motul 300V.

yea i can se the oil,i meant position on the bike (not having gen4 ;) )

Not at all not even wet with oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fresh from the German forum the pictures from the replacement oil cooler.
Apparently the oil cooler itself is not different the date on the one (new) was early 2019.

What is different are the hoses and the attachments to these.

e8bfe3aa876e0ad94f8db8b2c2ff54bd.jpg
b8e5d803db15044860741cf31017397d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: Dealer Diagnosed it as a faulty gearbox output shaft seal. Bike will be down for a couple of days.

This is worrying, I don't remember this many issues with my Gen 2 or current Gen 3 :(

This is worrying, I don't remember this many issues with my Gen 2 or current Gen 3 :(

Nearly every new model of any bike/car has some unforeseen issues that QA did not find, it is to be expected as they are complicated machines. Gen 2 was released 3 years after initial production of the model, Gen 3 was released after 6 years. Problems were few and far between as the teething issues had been resolved years before.

It is how the dealer responds and resolves the issues that is important. I have to say BMW have been very slow at getting parts out for this oil cooler issue, not great CS.

Back