Luggage Gen 4 options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc A

Reaction score
After visiting NEC today and seeing options for luggage...whats everyones opinions on the Kriega US20 and 10's V BMW luggage options??

Got quoted £277 all in for 1 x US20 and 2xUS10 packs and fitting kit.....

Any help appreciated

Following this post, I have Kriega luggage I use on my Gen3 and my gen 4 is due in March however I can't see where to strap it on.

I used to hook the straps round the subframe on the gen 3 but there is nothing under the seat on the new one :(

I modified some Ventura brackets I have for a Panigale to fit the gen 4 and use my Kriega bags. Worked perfect

I emailed Ventura about a month ago to see if they knew when the brackets would be available for the Gen 4 - they still dont have a bike in Newzeland to measure up yet. Could be a while.

Hi all on the Ventura topic I ordered L brackets from uk distributor beginning of November price £167 only down side is they are being made to order hence delivery time 6 to 8 weeks. If you look on Ventura website you will find more information

I offered Ventura my bike to measure up but didn’t realise they were in New Zealand at the time I did it

Hi all on the Ventura topic I ordered L brackets from uk distributor beginning of November price £167 only down side is they are being made to order hence delivery time 6 to 8 weeks. If you look on Ventura website you will find more information

Interesting - they must have got a bike. Although £167 is bloody steep!!

They’re quality bits of kit though. Hard to beat for sports bikes or naked. In fact can’t really think of anything that comes close to them for practicality and ease for mounting bags on a sportsbike.

I had Kreiga bags on my Gen3, strapped down as tightly to the pillion seat straps as I could, but they always fought me for the rider's seat when braking.
I had mixed success with SW Motech Blaze panniers - first trip they worked perfectly. Second trip, the exhaust side pannier melted. The Gen3 end can (OEM) was a fair bit higher/more upswept than the previous models, and I suspect that the panniers/rails weren't sufficiently redesigned to cope. End can on the Gen4 seems lower, so should be fine.
The most reliable solution I found with the Gen3 was to fit a Renntec sports rack and use that to anchor a 70litre Oxford duffel bag to the pillion seat. Obviously, the rack looked shit. ISTR Alex having a similar (but less shit looking) solution of a Hepco & Becker SportRack replacing the pillion seat - aluminium plate with numerous holes and slots to securely attach soft luggage. Luis-moto have one listed for the Gen4 - to order, but I can't find anything on Hepco & Becker's own website. When they eventually materialise I'll probably get one and throw some rok straps on it.

As I have an SW Motech Evo tank bag (daypack) for my winter hack (R1200R), I have installed an Evo tank ring on my Gen4 - tank bag gets in the way slightly, but on the road I find that the utility of having it more than makes up for a little bit of getting in the way. Had the Wunderlich tank bag (crescent shape) on my Gen3. Never got in the way, but did scuff the panel. Dunno if/when they are going to do one for the Gen4.

I had the Hepco & Becker rack on my Tuono and it wasn’t very good at all. Wasn’t very sturdy and I ended up replacing it after one trip for the Ventura kit. Maybe the H&B kit for the beemer is better than the Tuono.

I hope so. I seem to recall that the cowl for a customer's Tuono was spectacularly minscule - which would not give rise to a solid wide base. However, the pillion seat on the Gen4 isn't exactly mahoosive.

I did notice that the Kreiga kit was quite loose on the ducati on display...
However I did notice that on the R&G stand they had some hooped bits to go on the pillion pegs....maybe use that as a more secure anchor point rather that just up and under the pillion seat.... when giving it the beans last thing i want is to have flappy kit bags or no kit bags at all lol

Dont know if I mentioned for Genuine 20L tail bag and panniers....over £600

I hope so. I seem to recall that the cowl for a customer's Tuono was spectacularly minscule - which would not give rise to a solid wide base. However, the pillion seat on the Gen4 isn't exactly mahoosive.

Yeah the H&B rocked from side to side on the Tuono. The good thing about the Ventura kit is it keeps everything suspended off the bodywork and stops any scuffing.

Never had an issue with Hepco on my gen 3 times I've used it. Brilliant piece of kit .

I have just bought some Ducati Diaval under seat straps off Ebay to fit to my pillion pad for the Kriega US10,20 & 30 packs. I don't think they will budge. The Diaval straps are just a little longer than the straps already under the pillion pad.

I have just bought some Ducati Diaval under seat straps off Ebay to fit to my pillion pad for the Kriega US10,20 & 30 packs. I don't think they will budge. The Diaval straps are just a little longer than the straps already under the pillion pad.

Can you upload some pics for when its fitted?
What combo do you use the bags in? 10, 20, 10? for example?

Where from please? The only place I can find them is with Ventura-Bike.co.uk but they are £176!

Yip - you get what you pay for lol.

Took me ages to find some second hand ones for the Panigale and I ended up making brackets to adapt the Panigale brackets so they’d fit the Gen 4 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back