Right knee fairing protection....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Grownsy

Hi all,
Ok so i'm a total newbie when it comes to forums so bare with me......
Right i've only had my s1000 for a few weeks, i'm still trying to run it in but the bloody weather won't let me. However i have noticed that on the very edge of the fairing by my right knee ( i guess my leathers are just touching it) the paint has worn off already!!! I'm not happy!!!! So does anyone know of a good solution or product to stop any further damage??? I've noticed that the right fairing is slightly higher than the left so my knee does not hit that side.
Anyone else found this problem??
Help would be appreciated

Cheers Grownsy

My knee is nowhere the fairing,but it could be my HP rear sets,but I've not heard anyone else with this problem?

Thanks for replies and help, was thinking maybe adjustable rear sets might be needed as i'm over 6' and pretty lanky

cheers

Grownsy link=topic=1517.msg14513#msg14513 date=1349724108 said:
Thanks for replies and help, was thinking maybe adjustable rear sets might be needed as i'm over 6' and pretty lanky

cheers
I didn't ask that,I'm guessing that may be one of the problems,Simon here on the forum is a tall chap and Greg,but not sure if they have this problem?

Ime 6'3" tall an have had no problems of this sort but have venture shield or similar on my bike from new. Dont know the exact make as the dealer sorted it 4 me. I can find out if you need this product. :)

6'3" tall and bike is standard. Never had this issue. My knees do not touch the fairing at all unless I move my feet all the way forward and rest my heels on the pegs. With my feet correctly positioned on the pegs I have a good two inch clearance.

What I did find is that the paint on the S1K is very thin and I damaged the paint work on the tank with the inside of my knees. I had the tank repainted due to this.

I had a quick look at my bike last night just before my ride home. I too have a very slight wear of the paint just on the right side, very small on the pointy bit of the fairing. But when I got on the bike my knees were no where near the fairing they were above the black top filler of the fairing. What I did notice was during the ride I always put my right leg down to stop and when I do this my knee catches the fairing again the pointy bit.

all good info cheers, i ride with the balls of my feet on the peg not the arch and stationary my knee is close, think is when actually ride and the natural movement that is rubbing the paint off the sharp edge

cheers

Back