Main beam switch

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUZZ

Im welsh get over it.!!!!
Reaction score
Anyone elses faulty..??? Mine will flash but when clicked forward goes on and straight back off but switch stays in position.??? Any one else's bike does this ..??? Is there a fix.??? Bike only got 242 miles on it and is a 2011 !!!

Had both Left & Right Switchgear Replaced under Warranty on my 2010 Model, Very Common Problem when I Google it.
There is No Fix as the Unit underneath the Plastic Housing is Sealed.
Had the High Beam Issue in March This Year just as the Warranty was up and the Start Button gave up Last Month but BMW Replaced it as a Good Will Gesture even though it was out of Warranty.
Hope this helps.

All The Best.
Brian

I had the indicator switch fail its in for a new switch next week, reading on the net i think they have modified them as they are aware of the issue

How long is warranty for as i cant remember.??? Bought it march 2011

2 Years Mate.
Mine was 7 Months out of Warranty and was still replaced FOC.

Spoke with my stealer and registered the fault with them,they sort it in march when i re-issurer the bike as shes tucked up for winter now....

Today I picked up my bike after switchgear failure.starter/kill switch. New one fitted under warranty.seems very common. Also valve rattle in the headers can become a issue.

Bettybeamer link=topic=1511.msg14688#msg14688 date=1350070794 said:
Today I picked up my bike after switchgear failure.starter/kill switch. New one fitted under warranty.seems very common. Also valve rattle in the headers can become a issue.

Good luck with that one, they say they will ask BMW but i gave up / gave into temptation and bought a full akro system that fixed the issue ;)

Back