I've been MCTd

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionjack

Reaction score
After scarring myself trying to keep up with Baz at Snetterton I realised I had to do something about the suspension. I quick phone call to Darren at MCT in Stowmarket confirmed that he could make the standard stuff work without having to sell another kidney. Watching them pulling my bike to bits like a couple of surgeons was an odd pleasure. Darren put right the deliberate mistakes Sachs had incorporated and screwed it all back together in what seemed to be no time at all. The forks were treated to new springs and a re-valve and the shock to just a re-valve (the spring is good which was a surprise), topped off with some decent oil. When it came to the test ride I noticed a difference just bumping down the kerb outside. The end result feels far plusher and controlled and the feed back from the forks especially is just night and day. Amazingly Darren says this set up will still be good for the track and I can well believe it. Don't suppose I'll get to test it this year though. All for less than half the cost of a new shock. Bargain.

Sounds good mate, have only ever heard good things about there suspension set ups. Although they did throw a friend of charters bike down the road on a test ride

I've heard good things aswell,so do I need my Ohlins now Greg? Would you say this is my best option? Not worried about it this year now,but want it ready for Snetterton next year ;,)

rhanmore link=topic=1498.msg14253#msg14253 date=1349290163 said:
Sounds good mate, have only ever heard good things about there suspension set ups. Although they did throw a friend of charters bike down the road on a test ride

:eek: Glad it wasn't raining then. Darren did say he wanted one so if he bent it...

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1498.msg14254#msg14254 date=1349290553 said:
I've heard good things aswell,so do I need my Ohlins now Greg? Would you say this is my best option? Not worried about it this year now,but want it ready for Snetterton next year ;,)

I asked the same question and the answer was no basically. They would say that but they do also sell Ohlins amongst other brands. The problem apparently with the TTX shocks is they are designed for the track so the rebound damping has less range because they don't need to deal with potholes. Good on a smooth track not so nice on the road. But Lloyd we know you and shiny stuff.

OK Greg sounds good so what was the total bill ? Less than half the price of a new shock could be half the cost of Ohlins = £600 half standard £2.50! :eek:

It was £380 +vat Graham so that wouldn't buy you the yellow spring. The worst bit on the shock was the shit oil and the air in it!

Good to hear you got it sorted Greg, did he ask your weight and how long did it take?

I might treat my bike if I keep it. ;)

they did throw a friend of charters bike down the road on a test ride
Darren did the same on a mates Blade (unless it was the same bike :eek:). It all got sorted via Insurance but my mate was pissed off, and rightly so imo.

phil link=topic=1498.msg14304#msg14304 date=1349448514 said:
Good to hear you got it sorted Greg, did he ask your weight and how long did it take?

No he didn't ask my weight he's like one of those gentleman fitters who can guess your hat size. He's done a lot now so must have a range where the modes work. It took about 4 hours the shock taking the longest time because its a pig to get out. The forks feel like the biggest improvement which will mean I might just keep you in sight now.

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1498.msg14311#msg14311 date=1349467341 said:
Sold! I'll be there next year for this! Bike is up for winter now! Won't be out until next year ;,)

The only problem Lloydy is your ohlins stickers gonna be replaced but your street cred should massively increase.

unionjack link=topic=1498.msg14316#msg14316 date=1349467865 said:
Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1498.msg14311#msg14311 date=1349467341 said:
Sold! I'll be there next year for this! Bike is up for winter now! Won't be out until next year ;,)

The only problem Lloydy is your ohlins stickers gonna be replaced but your street cred should massively increase.
lol I can live with that Greg! Glad for the heads up mate! I may be able to move up from rookies now lol well after this maybe hahahaha.

unionjack link=topic=1498.msg14306#msg14306 date=1349459807 said:
phil link=topic=1498.msg14304#msg14304 date=1349448514 said:

No he didn't ask my weight he's like one of those gentleman fitters who can guess your hat size. He's done a lot now so must have a range where the modes work. It took about 4 hours the shock taking the longest time because its a pig to get out. The forks feel like the biggest improvement which will mean I might just keep you in sight now.
;D thanks for the info mate,

I would love to see/feel the difference, I just ride around the pants suspenders, I suppose I just have to prise open my wallet... ;)

they did throw a friend of charters bike down the road on a test ride
Darren did the same on a mates Blade (unless it was the same bike :eek:). It all got sorted via Insurance but my mate was pissed off, and rightly so imo.
[/quote]

That's 2 then as the one I know of was an 04 R1 and his name was Dominic, he was mad beyond belief too and took 4 months to sort out and to be honest the colour match was poor

unionjack link=topic=1498.msg14629#msg14629 date=1349887411 said:
phil link=topic=1498.msg14617#msg14617 date=1349854660 said:
unionjack link=topic=1498.msg14357#msg14357 date=1349545124 said:
Well sort out a day off and we'll meet up.
You're on mate ;)

Don't hang about it will be snowing soon
Trying to get Saturday 22nd or Sunday 21st as a day off, Either any good for you ?

Does time move backwards in Essex, sun before sat or is just the warp speed on the bikes?

FRS463 link=topic=1498.msg14663#msg14663 date=1349989129 said:
Does time move backwards in Essex, sun before sat or is just the warp speed on the bikes?
;D ;D It moves far too quickly mate,

its probably my 1st sign of Dementia? Hope not ;)

Back