Fitting a Sat Nav to a Gen 4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwobbler

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone with a Gen 4 know if the bike has aux sockets for power supplies? On my Gen 3 there is a power socket (LHS fairing) that I use to power my sat nav. Works great. Does the Gen 4 have the same? What type of socket is it?

I know the screen can be used for basic nav through a phone - I want to re fit my Zumo.

Also will the steering head take a standard stem mount - I currently have a Hornig one.

Thanks.

It does not have sockets. You can easily buy an Oxford 12v socket though and hook it up directly to the battery which is what I have done.

There will be sockets somewhere behind the front fairings for the front potentiometer and possibly the lap trigger aka the gen 3. I can tell you in September lol.

Noxx - these plugs are often well hidden and taped up so if you are not looking for them you?ll probably not see them.

Power Outlet

See p. 213 of the Gen 4 Owner?s Manual. It?s underneath the left-side panel.

Re: Power Outlet

Thanks Rys - great to know. I cant tell from the picture - will this be the same plug that I have on my Gen 3 currently? Or is that a question for Tim?

Does that mean I do not have to connect my sat nav directly up to the battery as this is what I did on my Gen 2?

Re: Power Outlet

Does that mean I do not have to connect my sat nav directly up to the battery as this is what I did on my Gen 2?

I don't have Gen 4 (yet) but on my Gen 3 I have wired my zumo cradle to the plug in the LHS fairing. This plug goes live with the ignition key. Works a treat. It sounds like the Gen 4 is the same.

Does the Gen4 not have built in Sat nav? Saw in an article that it had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can Bluetooth your Ifone into the TFT display and use an app from your fone for satnav :)

Just for clarity (as the manual is so poor) - the manual says there are two aux plugs under the left hand side of the fairing. It does not say where!

I finally got round to wiring my sat nav in today. If you remove the lower left fairing (below the frame) you see this plug:-

2a.jpg

This is, I assume, the plug for the 2D sensor. The sat nav plug will not fit this plug.

The aux plug for the sat nav sits under the left hand fairing just below the tank (remove the tank cover and the upper left side fairing) This is the plug you need.

1a.jpg

i cant seem to find it on my apps store ,ive got a android phone,i typed in bmw motorrad connect,and nothing came up,
It is definitely there, put in BMW Motorrad Connected

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

This, I assume
77bc538c6400921dd8514a7573b0f7fe.jpg

- Alex

Back