Seen one!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrunner

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Was out last night with some friends for our usual Thursday night ride out, when I/ we spotted a sports bike coming the other way. I knew instantly that it was the new 4th generation RR from its aggressive frontal view.
Does anyone else think that it looks almost sinister, like a wild thing from the front?
Anyway I looked in my mirrors to see the rider turning around. Not long after a pair of headlamps appeared behind me and followed our group for a while.
Knowing what it was and being rather intrigued a gave the rider a subtle ?please pass me? sign. As he went by I had a good look at the bike and confirmed in my mind that I wasn?t seeing things.
He followed my three friends in front until he decided to overtake them all.
Let me explain at this point that my friends had seen the headlights behind, and not being too sure who it could be, were taking it easy. The police in this area can and do ride unmarked motorcycles 😕
Anyway he gave the bike a bit of a handful and shot by. I, obviously went with him and observed it?s handling and performance.
Although the bike wasn?t run in yet, it certainly showed how fast it would be in the not too distant future. Handling looked good and it managed all the bends and appeared to be very ?flickable? I watched the movement of the rear suspension and saw that it was ?unfused? as it took good care of the bumps in the road. Unlike my ?17 generation 3 before I fitted softer springs front and rear😕
Our run out was from Hull, where we all live, to Scarborough, with a stop off at Harper?s fish shop just a little further up the road from the foot of Staxton hill.
The traffic lights at the bottom of the hill stopped us and I was able to pull along side him and persuade him to pull in at the fish shop, which he did.
He told us he was from Beverley and he had taken delivery only a few days previously. He had got it from Alan Jefferies and that it wasn?t one with the engine fault. It was the M Sport with carbon wheels and fitted with a short Akra.
He was full of praise for the bike and said it was much better than his previous model, a 2017 S1000RR!
The only thing he didn?t like was the lack of belly pan under the cat/exhaust.
He kindly allowed me to sit on the bike and try it for size, though I had previously done that at the bike show.
He left us shortly after and went on his way. We had our fish and chips and proceeded on to Scarborough for a cuppa. On entering Scarborough I again spotted him coming the other way and again thought how good it looks with those wild piercing eyes glaring out😍

We run one on our demo. They're obviously a bit more shouty, but the valve in the exhaust keeps it bare-able in my opinion, we've had no complaints.

I presume you mean the Akra gp style slip-on?

How much louder than stock can?

Back