Lap timer, Data logger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGodfather

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I've been trying to find out from dealer with no joy.

The dash has a built in lap timer, is the GPS built in or does the data logger take care of this as well.

All the footage I've seen online there is no lap times being shown, is that coz a data logger isn't fitted ?

Gen 4 maybe different - maybe @noxx can open his manual and see what it says for Lap Trigger?

I was under the impression it has a built in GPS. Not a manual button one.

The laptimer accessory is the gps, doing the job of the beam flasher button. The bike itself does not have gps built into it if thats what you were thinking?

Last edited:
Gen 4 maybe different - maybe @noxx can open his manual and see what it says for Lap Trigger?
Your left index finger triggers the lap timer if you don't have the data logger. The bike itself does have GPS if you have the SOS Emergency Call feature, but it's not being used for the lap timer. If you want the lap timer to be automatic then you will have to purchase the data logger.

Your left index finger triggers the lap timer if you don't have the data logger. The bike itself does have GPS if you have the SOS Emergency Call feature, but it's not being used for the lap timer. If you want the lap timer to be automatic then you will have to purchase the data logger.
Interesting.
No more separate 2D GPS Laptrigger then

- Alex

Separate 2D laptrigger and datalogger previously.

2d36a102a373ad4e989efa137a99d168.jpg

- Alex

Last edited:
This is what the SOS GPS does, apart from telling first responders where you went flying :)
GPS.jpg

So this isn't off your phone?
Nope, left my phone at home the other day and parked my bike fairly far away from home. My app knew exactly where my bike was. I don't think it's live tracking, but it does show you where the bike was parked.

So this isn't off your phone?

The sos function is an option on the bike. I read it to be a transponder that measures various parameters from the ecu (giros, g force) to decide if you have crashed and then sends out an emergency call.

The sos function is an option on the bike. I read it to be a transponder that measures various parameters from the ecu (giros, g force) to decide if you have crashed and then sends out an emergency call.
Yep, exactly. You can also trigger it manually by hitting the SOS button. There's a mic, speaker and GPS in the unit so that you can talk to them (if you can) and then they can track you via GPS and relay that information through to the ambulance / cops.

@TheGodfather, this is completely different to the lap timer / data logger though. You won't need the SOS feature for the lap timer / data logger.

I actually tested the SOS button. A very sexy voice asked me how she can help me :)

So if your mobile was connected with bluetooth,would that enable the lap timer,perhaps using an app like race-chrono?
Knowing BMW they will have something stopping it.

Back