change of tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hydro 99

hi, new to this site,can anyone recommend which tyres to use,ive always put on metzlers k3 as she come,but only getting 2500 moles out of the back,ut would like the same grip im getting,any advice would be appreciated thanks..

Hi. If you're getting that mileage out of a K3 you are doing very well. Half that amount is not unknown. If you go for something like the sportsmarts, mileage should double and will grip pretty well but be much better in the wet. I'm running Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas which have survived 3500 miles so far including two trackdays where there was more grip than I could exploit.

I'm loving the Rosso Corsa's too. I've just come back from a week long blast around the Cols in the French Alps and they were outstanding.

Running 33/36 tyre pressures and standard 'sport' suspension settings

G :)

got an M5 on the rear good in the wet and track got about 3500 out of the first and 2 track days. only got 1700 out of the first k3

I'm going to try Diablo BSBs next .Currently on K3s bikes done 3,200 miles and on third rear tyre ! ??? Plus I'm a steady old boy ::)

thanks guys,looks like the sportsmarts or the corsa's next then,many thanks again,much appreciated ;D

Glyncoman link=topic=1469.msg14012#msg14012 date=1348817736 said:
Dunlop SportMax SportSmart's are good all round for track & road, had no problems with them, also better than K3 & Corsa in the wet.

+1. Each have their good/bad points, how you ride, temps etc. There is a limit for all tyres even the superdooper sticky ones, hell even the best run out of grip sometimes ! Make yr mind up time :)

Fast bike mag (aug 2012) came with quite a comprehensive tyre test pull out (pressures, wear rate, feel etc) all on 2012 s1k and zx6r at dunlops rest track, interesting reading....

Back