Luggage info

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedhead

Reaction score
Hello Gang,
Bike coming tomorrow,I can't wait hopefully it will stop raining.Can anyone advise me on soft luggage,I will be going to the TT on her next year and I was wondering what luggage suits the RR.A friend has a Kriega US30 for sale has anyone used one?Thanks in advance Zed.

I've used an oxford tail pack which was fine.... strap under the pillion seat and bungees onto rear footpegs and onto numberplate hanger was fine, didn't move at all. Depends how much you want to carry, if it's quite a bit a ventura rack could be the way to go

I used a Kriega US20 on mine last year, but couldn't find the Kriega straps so - cargo net over tailpack to the 4 OE strap points, 2 bungees strapped over everything and hooked underneath. The standard straps may have saved me the additional bungees but I used them as I nearly lost my tailpack off my R1 the year before when the seat cowl seperated from it's base.

Good for XXXmph, plenty of twisties and the odd cresty wheelie with zero movement: personally wouldn't want anything bigger than the US20: although the BM tailpack looks well designed and spacious.

When I first got mine I was using my faithful Keiga US 20 combined with a US10 which had been fine on my previous two bikes. However because of the pointy nature of the pillion seat it didn't sit nicely and just moved about too much. So last year I got a 31ltr Ortlieb rack pack bag and strapped it on the back which was rock solid (tested to ridiculous) and totally dry (also extreme tested). Can be used as a natty weekend or gym bag (not that I know what a gym looks like inside).

I found the kreiga us10 & 20 combo with the us10 tank bag worked brilliantly, they fit in seconds and were rock steady! Even at warp speed! They also stay 100% dry to. :D
Don't get the side by side tail pack as they won't fit properly.

I use the SW Motech pannier system which are soft bags which are held in place by a couple of metal arms attached to the rear footpegs. That combined with the BMW tail bag gives loads of capacity.

I also have a bags connection "quick loc" tank bag which is very neat and locks on using a filler cap adaptor so does not need any additional straps (and obviously magnetic bags are no good).

Cheers

Before you decide have a look at the ventura luggage amazing bit of kit,fits with no drilling
just bolts on and does not damage any paintwork on the bike you can see what it looks like on the bike if you go to the ventura website. :) :) :) :)

Last time i went to TT i boxed my stuff up and sent it over, post office to post office, remember thinking how reasonable posting was, + share the cost if more than one, then just a small rucksack for immediate stuff. Mind you we took over a house for the 2wks, probably wouldnt work if you have a tenting addy ::) Luggage gear is so bloody expensive for the use it gets (for me)

Ventura luggage for me. Easy to fit the rack and the bag fits in literaly a few seconds. Simple slip over the hoop and click one strap per side, job done.

Granted its not the cheapest (I think mine was just over £300 with for the full rack and the new waterproof Mistral bag) but I do over 4,000 miles a year abroad so it's ideal for me.

I also use the small rack and 5 ltr bag for getting to work and back which save using a rucksack or tankbag.

Allan

I should start a kickstarter project to create a s1000rr adapter mounting for the BMW luggage from the R models!

Back