Wet Tyres and TC?????

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HongKongPhooey

Reaction score
Hi all.

Question for those that may be in the know.

Put some Dunlop wets on the other day for a very wet Oulton Park. They were 190 55 17 KR393 rear and 125 80 17 KR191 front. Guess what, Traction Control didn't work.

Is it to do with the tyre sizes, or could it be that I replaced the clutch lever too and haven't adjusted the sprung tab correctly?

I've set the clutch so that it clicks about 30mm from the bars if that helps ;D

Cheers for any advice,

Phooey.

Hmm could be, but the quickshifter works perfectly?

Also, I fitted a 200 60 17 profile slick on once and that buggered the TC whilst it was on.

Buggered if I know, will just have to swap the wheels over next time at the track to find out for sure.

Cheers.

I would go on the Dunlop website and check out the diameter/circumference,I know the 195/65 slick and the 120/70 slick are about 4mm different to the racetecs but as they are both different the TC works ok
so I would imagine the problem is the 125/80 front-it is probably larger diameter which means the rear will be spinning faster.

Hi Baz,

I had a quick look on the website last night and couldn't find any details about competition tyres, ill have another looksy, must be able to find it somewhere.

I had an idea it would be the larger diameter front effectively causing it to rotate at a slower speed than the rear thus screwing with the TC brain.

Anyway, cheers for the reply!

Phooey.

baz link=topic=1456.msg13864#msg13864 date=1348506872 said:
I would go on the Dunlop website and check out the diameter/circumference,I know the 195/65 slick and the 120/70 slick are about 4mm different to the racetecs but as they are both different the TC works ok
so I would imagine the problem is the 125/80 front-it is probably larger diameter which means the rear will be spinning faster.

Would the orange triangle be lighting up all the time showing a fault Baz?

I would imagine it would but it could also get totally confused!!

I haven't had the problem but being a sceptical smartarse I always check things like this rather than rely on someone who just wants to take my money when I'm in the shite!!

Back