Radiator guards

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p-trax

Reaction score
Anyone use them?
I already have several dings in the oil rad vanes and so have ordered some of these from the USA.

BUT I've heard that BMW will invalidate warranty if these are fitted.
Anyone have any experience of this?

83c82af29d71839de2f481f73d8757cb_zps47e43621.jpg

Yep,these are the COX guards,great piece of kit,I asked my dealer about warranty and they said no problem,had mine on since new.

Hmm, interesting, my local dealer has been proactively telling people not to install.
Cannot see that they massively effect cooling, plus definitely stop larger rocks

p-trax link=topic=1444.msg13731#msg13731 date=1348160090 said:
Hmm, interesting, my local dealer has been proactively telling people not to install.
Cannot see that they massively effect cooling, plus definitely stop larger rocks
That's A new one lol
Doesn't effect cooling at all,and these guards are a perfect match for you rad. My dealer loved them ;,)

Got my red Cox ones fitted on Friday. Excellent fit!
Although my radiator is a month old several vanes were already damaged/ bent.
I can only see this as a good investment, and there is little chance this will significantly reduce airflow at all

p-trax link=topic=1444.msg14421#msg14421 date=1349642407 said:
Got my red Cox ones fitted on Friday. Excellent fit!
Although my radiator is a month old several vanes were already damaged/ bent.
I can only see this as a good investment, and there is little chance this will significantly reduce airflow at all
it is a good investment for sure! Like I said before,mine have been on the bike since new! No problems with over heating or airflow,also the paint doesn't chip! Mine are still in as new condition! 3500 miles.

BMW Park Lane sells R&G ones for fitting. They look the part and must be BMW approved, in case anyone's worried about warranty...

these are a must for me, i had my s1000rr 3 days and was riding up to melton mowbray and a stone kicked up and shot a hole in my rad!!!

worth the few quid that they cost trust me

Back