insurance quote

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbob

Reaction score
Just got my renewal after having the bike a year
Fucking £900.
200 up on last year , got 3 years ncd , tried all the comparison sites
Third party was even more
What are you lot paying ?
I am well past 40 and fucked off at being robbed , bennetts would not even quote

Jesus, £2,600 and I'd be buying a different bike! :eek:

I pay £300FC with a £250 excess (agreed value £15k value (has bmw options, not including carbon))

37yr-old but I do have maximum no-claims though (6+ yrs)

Ducky link=topic=162.msg795#msg795 date=1317662712 said:
Jesus, £2,600 and I'd be buying a different bike! :eek:

I pay £300FC with a £250 excess (agreed value £15k value (has bmw options, not including carbon))

37yr-old but I do have maximum no-claims though (6+ yrs)

So jealous! I'm almost paying this /month haha!

Well im only a youngster so the premium is the same kinda level across all supersports bikes. I had my heart set on the S1RR since it launched :/ So I'm just gonna have to earn a lil bit more dough!

I got 3 years no claims, kept in garage, 3000 miles per year (i think i said!), agree value £14k. so couldn't have achieved it much lower. Believe me, I had a good hunt around. 8)

Mines £450 with Devitt. That's at 39 (at the time) and max 9 years no claims. chelmsford is a high risk area apparently ???

Darren link=topic=162.msg800#msg800 date=1317663207 said:
So jealous! I'm almost paying this /month haha!

Well im only a youngster so the premium is the same kinda level across all supersports bikes. I had my heart set on the S1RR since it launched :/ So I'm just gonna have to earn a lil bit more dough!

I got 3 years no claims, kept in garage, 3000 miles per year (i think i said!), agree value £14k. so couldn't have achieved it much lower. Believe me, I had a good hunt around. 8)

haha, well I know that feeling....I used to pay £1600 on my Ducati when I was 25....certainly hurt the old wallet back then! ;D So if you can afford it, why not! 8)

Over £900 here Bob 4 years NCD 31 years old with 3 points. i was paying £450 for my R1 ::).

Yikes - some serious big numbers there. Im in NI which has usually high rates. Mine is around £500 with 3yrs NCD but then Im 42!

was paying £350 fully comp 40 years old and 3 ncb with 3 points after the cage hit me which is still going through its now £1500 thats why i havent insured it this year till the insurance stuff is all sorted.....

Paying about £1,100.

38yrs, 3yrs NCD Class 1 Business Use

Garage, 10k miles per yr - Outer London

I feel for you Darren, thats a crazy premium mate.

I pay £345 FC with max NCB (no claims in 22 yrs ;))
I was paying £390 for 2 bikes (1 policy) until I bought the S, then the Insurers would not cover both bikes on the 1 policy.....

Last June (when I purchased the bike) my FC premium cost me £1485 with MCE!
I was 29 then and only held my bike license for just under two years! Price I dont mind paying for being able to ride my machine! It's like being 17 again and getting your first car! Cant wait for June this year, saving already!

When I moved my insuranse went down, which was a result I'm expecting about 350-400 when it comes in. 34 with full no claims and live in the middle of knowhere which helps

I'm with MCE fully comp pay £303. Mind you I've got maximum no claims, live in rural Norfolk, am an old duff, some how got a clean licence and occupation is considerd low risk. Who's ever heard of an Accountant taking unnecessay risks?? ??? As if! ;) ;)

I'm with Bennetts,4 years NCD,no points and I'm 40 total cost fully comp £348.31 value 16k with voluntary £500.

Chelmsford is considered a fairly high risk area :eek: so I got saddled with £450 FC last year. Not expecting it to go down with all the personal injury claims going on.

Im 32, live in Hull, have 9yrs+ NCD & paid £415 FC, however last year paid £120 on an 06 Blade. This is with MCD

When i bought my 1R it was the first non turbo bike i've had for the last 5 years(so you guess my premiums where very high).
So before i rang my insurer,Bikesure i thought i'd see what the the going rate would be for me.....best was £280 fully comp,43 yrs old and 10 years NCD.Only 5 months into my policy so thought i'd be looking at a possible rebate.....haha...how wrong.
They wanted £25 admin fee and no money back even though they agreed the BMW was a lower grouping than my ZX10R turbo i had just sold.
So i tried to cancel with them but they said that i wouldn't receive anything back due to the cancellation fees and charges......robbing gits!!!!
So paid me £25 and needless to say they won't be getting my business come renewal time..... :mad: :mad:

£500 fc, 4yrs ncb. 29yrs old, not the best area. so im pretty happy tbh. i've stayed with the same company for the last 3 years as they've always beaten quotes i've found when up for renewal. just renewed and when i first shopped around most quotes were over £1600 or wouldn't cover me which is ridiculous.

Back