Alpha Racing LED Plus/Prod dashboard

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone had any experience with Alpha Racing dashboards ? They look very pretty and I thought on getting one.

Am I right in understanding that Pro version contains a data logger and laptimer inside as well ?

the are made by i2m,which do seem to be quite good dashes,only issue is there isn't much info/support regarding the logging (never actaully used the s/ware myself) but spent a bit of time taking a couple apart to try to fix them ;) biggest plus though is they are plug+play from Alpha,not so much if you just buy a generic model.the pro version is th logging one i think,and the dash can be configured in lots of different ways depending on your preference.

i'm an Aim man myself so tend to stick with them when it comes to logging data as i know the s/ware quite well.

Hi

Has anyone had any experience with Alpha Racing dashboards ? They look very pretty and I thought on getting one.

Am I right in understanding that Pro version contains a data logger and laptimer inside as well ?

I have an I2m plus that I will sell (Boxed and perfect condition). I had it on my R1, all you would need to get is the cable for the BMW, ?60 or there abouts from I2m or RRP (Plug and Play).

Its an absolutely fantastic piece of kit, best out there and trust me i've tried loads, AIM-various, Starlane to name a few. Only reason its not 0n the BMW is because I went for the HP Pro kit which comes with a 2D big dash.
Its full logger, operates a camera which you can even playback on the screen, it will also auto start a GoPro amongst may other functions.

Let me know if you are interested and we can chat about it.

the are made by i2m,which do seem to be quite good dashes,only issue is there isn't much info/support regarding the logging (never actaully used the s/ware myself) but spent a bit of time taking a couple apart to try to fix them ;) biggest plus though is they are plug+play from Alpha,not so much if you just buy a generic model.the pro version is th logging one i think,and the dash can be configured in lots of different ways depending on your preference.

i'm an Aim man myself so tend to stick with them when it comes to logging data as i know the s/ware quite well.

I believe all variants do logging, the PLus and Pro certainly do. PLus and Pro give you better screen and screen configurability I believe, the Pro gives you an additional option for Tyre Pressure monitoring I think.
They are all plug and play if your bike is supported. The ones Alpha are selling are re-badged I2m. Road and Race performance in UK are also suppliers.
Software for logging/analysing is also very good (i've had aim) and works very well, but you need to put the time in to learn as you do with AIM and 2D
Cheers
Davy

just to be clear,i wasn't knocking the i2m s/ware,i've never used it only what 1 or 2 people have said,but also guessing it was bling than function for them,but once you get used to 1 system it's hard (or even pointless if you have yrs of data like me) swapping over.i tried the 2d,but just couldn't be arsed going through it all so went back to Aim,like a nice comfy pair of slippers :).

just to be clear,i wasn't knocking the i2m s/ware,i've never used it only what 1 or 2 people have said,but also guessing it was bling than function for them,but once you get used to 1 system it's hard (or even pointless if you have yrs of data like me) swapping over.i tried the 2d,but just couldn't be arsed going through it all so went back to Aim,like a nice comfy pair of slippers :).

Hey m8, didn't think you were. All datalogging software needs effort and I agree jumping between them doesn't help.
I've used AIM, Starlane, 2D, Proprietary Ducati and Yamaha. AIM,2D and I2m are the best in my opinion but you need to put the time in.

Support is good with I2m and 2D. Instructions for all require a fair bit of digging about on the internet and YouTube, manuals are available but are usually German/Italian translated to English so sometimes it can be awkward, but all manageable if you put in the effort.
I was on track at Almeria and I had set up issue with the I2m so I emailed them from the track, they replied within 5 mins and all was sorted, much the same with 2D.

Cheers
Davy

alpha Racing Dash

It?s worth having a read of the product information on the alpha Racing website. As far as I?m aware only the LED Plus, and not the Pro and Lite versions, can be used on a DDC equipped bike. By all accounts the datalogging software is very good, but like the 2D software, it takes time to learn how to use it properly. I personally like the 2D software now that I understand it, but I will be the first to admit that the AiM software is much more user friendly.

Re: alpha Racing Dash

I personally like the 2D software now that I understand it, but I will be the first to admit that the AiM software is much more user friendly.

and thats why,for my limited brain skills i like the Aim :)

2D Software

I?ve had more than a few frustrating moments using the 2D software! However, the level of free support that they provide is pretty good. I?ve emailed them quite a few times for advice and the responses have always been prompt and really helpful. It just takes time and patience.

Back