Bad recall work

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyfryer

Reaction score
Need advice . Left me bike into Charles Hurst Motorrad Belfast to get the recall work done & when it came back the sprocket cover fell off on a track day. I'm thinking now what else haven't they tightened. They said they'd take it back & check it but how can you trust them

Bugger that i would never use them again and i would call bmw direct explain and say you want the bike checked by another dealer for free.

Damo link=topic=1408.msg13399#msg13399 date=1347357884 said:
Bugger that i would never use them again and i would call bmw direct explain and say you want the bike checked by another dealer for free.
x2 :eek:

assuming conrod bolt for recall
pretty sure the dealer could drive a bus through the argument really.
Bolts do come undone on motorcycles ::) , particularly buzzy ones.
Would they have removed the cover , to do what they needed to do?

Yes they removed the cover to do they conrod bolts but if they were torque properly with torque seal on them they would't of came loose. I now have to go & get the whole bike checked cause it's not nice doing track days waiting for something else to fall of. Wish I hadn't got the recall work done

Just found out that Charles Hurst use the original bolts instead of the bolts supplied by BMW in the recall kit. BMW supply new bolts in the recall kit ( with torque seal on them ) 4 safety reasons which this dealer ignored. He put the recall bolts in2 his stock 2 sale on. Makes u think what else r the cunts up 2 & what others parts in the recall kits r they pocketin. Beware people this is a big safety issue

skyfryer link=topic=1408.msg13448#msg13448 date=1347471609 said:
Just found out that Charles Hurst use the original bolts instead of the bolts supplied by BMW in the recall kit. BMW supply new bolts in the recall kit ( with torque seal on them ) 4 safety reasons which this dealer ignored. He put the recall bolts in2 his stock 2 sale on. Makes u think what else r the cunts up 2 & what others parts in the recall kits r they pocketin. Beware people this is a big safety issue
I'd go ape over this mate! I'd vent your anger at them,makesure you say something,and avoid them at all costs,if my local BMW dealer did this,they would never get a single £ off me again. Shame on them!

Do you have any proof they put the bolts into their stock???

bloody hell mate, get in touch with bmw soon as, tell them about the crap work and about the bolts if you have a reliable source, if not tell them your suspicions but be clear that you cant prove it

When I told Charles Hurst the sprocket cover had fell of they told me 2 bring t bike back but instead I phoned BMW & they sent an engineer out who checked t bolts & told me t problem. He's sending a full report 2 BMW. When I told Charles Hurst they sent t bolts 2 me same day by courier. I was told they don't keep them in stock so I take it they were the bolts from my recall kit. I'm now wonderimg what other 2nd hand bits have they used. I'll probally know when something else falls of ' hopefully not on a trackday. I'll let ye know what BMW does about it ' if anything

Charles Hurst Motorrad Belfast now recommends I don't do trackdays on the bike because things will rattle loose..............lol

Back