Lucky Boy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
On my way home today about 10am heading from Malton to Beverley, had a not a bad run over the top and pulled in at Fimber cafe for a quick brew....... after getting my lid etc off a liveried beemer blocks me in with a face like thunder. Before anything he read me my rights and i promptly crapped myself. Turns out he was hiding behind a car on a side street :mad: He said he'd happily take me to court for an ave of 110+ but then offered me the RIDE course. I snapped his hand off and took the bollocking. On the plus side he said i was very fast ;) and i don't think he'd have caught me if i hadn't stopped.
Going to ave to take the points for the Northumberland escapade now tho ???

That's well jammy I thought if you already have points then you get the book thrown at you!!
But I suppose if you wernt riding dangerously then they can use descretion ;D
That's the risk we all take riding these missiles!! ;)

Docta13 link=topic=1398.msg13301#msg13301 date=1347217783 said:
Did they get u on tape?

No, he couldn't catch me ;) He did say tho he'd happily put a case together for court saying that he was doing well over 130 and didn't catch....... me hence taking the course!

I would of told him to fook himself. If he couldn't prove it then case closed. Lol

babarr46 link=topic=1398.msg13291#msg13291 date=1347210134 said:
That's well jammy I thought if you already have points then you get the book thrown at you!!
But I suppose if you wernt riding dangerously then they can use descretion ;D
That's the risk we all take riding these missiles!! ;)

Technically don't have any points yet, got paperwork thru from last one on fri, thank god i didnt send it back as i was going to take the course. Now going to take the points from that one and take the course for today, again.... lucky boy ;D

Docta13 link=topic=1398.msg13305#msg13305 date=1347218948 said:
I would of told him to fook himself. If he couldn't prove it then case closed. Lol

U got bigger balls than me Doc ;)

Same here,if there is no evidence and one officer I can't see it holding up in court,plus him doing over 100mph trying to catch you doesn't prove poop that you were speeding.

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1398.msg13310#msg13310 date=1347220481 said:
Same here,if there is no evidence and one officer I can't see it holding up in court,plus him doing over 100mph trying to catch you doesn't prove poop that you were speeding.

Im sure you're right but was crapping myself to come out with anything useful. The same copper who nicked me was in the local rag on sat bragging about how many they've nicked.
http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Police-catch-169-bikers-speeding-East-Yorkshire/story-16847033-detail/story.html
Being self employed i'll take it not worth the risk going to mag's. Hell im thinking about all the times i havnt been done ;)

Yep you've got to be pretty brave and really sure to tell a policeman that has been trying to catch you to go fcuk himself. I do think however that unless he had your number plate and speed on tape he might struggle to get enough evidence to get a conviction. Plus if he didn't have blues and 2s on and was speeding himself at 130mph which CAN be proved as they are all track, then he was in the wrong.

All my opinion and could be talking out my ar#e again ::)

But at least the course was giving as an option and might be fun :)

its a worrying trend fella , had a caution and a speed awareness course in the past 6 weeks ::)
nice one for getting away with it

fatbob link=topic=1398.msg13334#msg13334 date=1347268725 said:
its a worrying trend fella , had a caution and a speed awareness course in the past 6 weeks ::)
nice one for getting away with it

I know mate, i was out at 7am and was half an hr from home. Saw virtually no traffic on the 50miles to Scarborough! The bottom line is they don't want bikes on the road :mad:

You cannot do the course if you are caught doing excees of 87mph, as i found out on saturday on the way to the speed trials, it's £60 and 3 points or court, over a 100mph and it's straight to court so he clearly had no case and bullied you into the course, having said that you can only be pleased with not actually getting nicked, which is how i'm looking at it another 3 mph and i'd have lost my license.

What happens when you have already done bike safe course (not enforced done by choice)if your found to be speeding ???

Monstatom link=topic=1398.msg13342#msg13342 date=1347296291 said:
so he clearly had no case and bullied you into the course, having said that you can only be pleased with not actually getting nicked,

In the cold light of day matey im sure you're right, im just glad to have my licence, hell they've put people inside for it. I'll take it on the chin, do the course and always have it in my mind that a traffic cop couldn't keep up with little old me ;)

FFS john youve been having fun with the law recently.. unlucky or luckt depends on how you look at it. ran past an unmarked blue honda in lincolnshire at the weekend, black leathers and helmet for christ sake. i thought they always wore white helmet and hi-vis. he would have had me if he wasnt busy doing someone else and i saw the blue flashing lights at the side of the road.

jamie link=topic=1398.msg13363#msg13363 date=1347306102 said:
FFS john youve been having fun with the law recently.. unlucky or luckt depends on how you look at it. ran past an unmarked blue honda in lincolnshire at the weekend, black leathers and helmet for christ sake. i thought they always wore white helmet and hi-vis. he would have had me if he wasnt busy doing someone else and i saw the blue flashing lights at the side of the road.

I know mate, 11 yrs in the saddle and not so much as a tug then 2 offences in under 3 months! Fuzz In Humberside on unmarked Busa's wear white lid and black leathers/ all weather gear, no hi-viz

Back