Test Ride tomorrow

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sturge

Reaction score
I have booked a test ride tomorrow at Alan Jefferies at Baildon, West Yorkshire. Can't wait. Just finished cleaning my kit.

Got one of there demonstrator S1000 RR's from 10 till 5. Might have a ride out to the Lake District.

Hopefully it won't piss down!

Sturge

Well i'm back home now,

What a fantastic bike!

Set off at 10 this morning and headed off to the lakes, unfortunatley it pissed down on way, so I headed towards Harrogate/Knaresborough. Then out towards Tadcaster, and called at Squires in Sherburn for a bacon butty. Back to dealers via Leeds and Bradford. Did 125 miles.

Couldn't pretend it was mine as it had a big bloody "DEMONSTRATOR" sticker down both sides. Ha Ha!

Really liked the quick shifter once I was used to it, great on the upshifts, not sure if you're supposed to use it on down shifts tho, didn't seem to want to work.

Felt smaller than my old R1 did, and the pegs seem to be set quite high. Slightly uncomfortable on the knees after 100 miles or so.

Deffo going to get one tho!

No, you aren't supposed to try and use the QS on down changes!!!!

Clutch is still the way forward!

The dealer should have explained that. Mine said don't touch it and leave it in sport mode. Bah! ;D

I think I will wait a bit, I will keep an eye on the prices. I've got most of the money I will need to buy one already. If I buy one now I will have to get a 2010/11 model. I hope that if I wait till early next year I might be able to get a 2012 model for similar money.

What I really need is for a few people who have more money than sense to buy the new HP4 and part ex their low mileage s1000 rr's and I will be able to snap up a bargain!

Getting near the end of season,best time to buy,but weather starts turning poo poo. I'd wait until next year,you will grab a bargain. If I had waited,I could of got the full carbon model for £15,000! Good job I didn't pay the asking price for mine. Only bought it with the HP levers and rear sets,plus Akrapovic slip on,plus a few more extras. Then bought the carbon separately. Worked out a lot cheaper,was lucky I got the carbon belly pan for £400 off the bay of fleas ;,)

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1397.msg13443#msg13443 date=1347470383 said:
Getting near the end of season,best time to buy,but weather starts turning poo poo. I'd wait until next year,you will grab a bargain. If I had waited,I could of got the full carbon model for £15,000! Good job I didn't pay the asking price for mine. Only bought it with the HP levers and rear sets,plus Akrapovic slip on,plus a few more extras. Then bought the carbon separately. Worked out a lot cheaper,was lucky I got the carbon belly pan for £400 off the bay of fleas ;,)
Yea Lloyd but I know how much you have spent on your pride and joy ( I mean the bike not your better half) anf £15k doesn't come close ;) I think that you have spent more on cleaning products than I have on extras LOL ;D

Parley Waller link=topic=1397.msg13446#msg13446 date=1347471389 said:
Yea Lloyd but I know how much you have spent on your pride and joy ( I mean the bike not your better half) anf £15k doesn't come close ;) I think that you have spent more on cleaning products than I have on extras LOL ;D
Pml tbh I've lost count Graham. But I'd like your advice On how I put this back together lol
was cleaning it today with my cotton buds,and I've forgotten how it goes back together!

e324181fd0cd9de722d5aa2df1e38dfd.jpg

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1397.msg13450#msg13450 date=1347473543 said:
Parley Waller link=topic=1397.msg13446#msg13446 date=1347471389 said:
Pml tbh I've lost count Graham. But I'd like your advice On how I put this back together lol
was cleaning it today with my cotton buds,and I've forgotten how it goes back together!

e324181fd0cd9de722d5aa2df1e38dfd.jpg

;D LMFAO

Latest posts

Back