Trouble free?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andybarsblade

Reaction score
I'm sure im about to jinx myself but here goes.

Seems like every day i read on here of people having different issues and i have had people saying things like "oooooo get a lot of problems with these BMW's"
Well i've had my bike bang on for a year and just tipped over 5000 miles with 4 trackdays. Its occured to me that i have had no faults.

4 sets of tyres (all different manufacturers) with no DTC problems, my quick shifters still 100%, no gearbox problems, no clutch problems, no switch gear problems, no body work issues. Nothing?

Starting to feel like i'm the only one? They say for every person who has an issue theres a 1000 happy customers so lets here ya!

1, Me :D

Me too. Never a problem and I treat it like shit, never gets washed and I rag it when I go out!

3500 miles and 14 months,still going strong,I really think this bike gets better as the miles creep up!

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1395.msg13275#msg13275 date=1347176049 said:
3500 miles and 14 months,still going strong,I really think this bike gets better as the miles creep up!
i've had problems but do agree it has got better with 8k miles 14 months old.
still not 100% happy tho.

F$%K, S%$T, A$%E, i was about to join in but ive had one of those days..... :'(
I would have said this morning 19k and no real complaints...but..
IMG_0319.jpg

Went out for a sunday bimble parked up for some brekie, came back turned the key all fine no codes nothing happens on the starter :-[
So we try a bump start ....nothing...then my mate says whats that in your rear tyre .. bugger a sharp stone & a puncture.. :'( :'( :'(
IMG_0317.jpg

So top gear rules..they go on i get breakdown..
We have the bike in bits in P&H carpark we by-pass the start switch it turns over but theres no fuel, we pull the relays and we get fault codes so they must be ok, fuses all tickity-bo to.
It must be the the dreaded kill/start switch issue.... I dont know for sure but its my best guess , the switch must tell the ECU what to do.:(
Lucky i had my pocket plugger to fix the puncture whilst i was waiting for recovery ;)
Will keep you posted on the outcome. ;)

So far so good but the running in service is tomorrow and I've heard loads of fuck stories after that one.

I'm quite surprised about the amount of "issues" I've read about on here. Not something I expected from a Beemer tbh.

Finger's crossed for tomorrow. Slick mode here I come.

MOz link=topic=1395.msg13296#msg13296 date=1347214656 said:
So far so good but the running in service is tomorrow and I've heard loads of fuck stories after that one.

I'm quite surprised about the amount of "issues" I've read about on here. Not something I expected from a Beemer tbh.

Finger's crossed for tomorrow. Slick mode here I come.
It's not just the Beemer,no matter what you have there will be problems,just look on any bike forum,loads of horror stories,and loads of happy people.
It's part and parcel of high end machines. I heard all the tales about the Beemer before I bought mine,did it put me off? Nope not at all. Im just gutted that some people do go through it.

babarr46 link=topic=1395.msg13287#msg13287 date=1347205716 said:
F$%K, S%$T, A$%E, i was about to join in but ive had one of those days..... :'(
I would have said this morning 19k and no real complaints...but..
IMG_0319.jpg

Went out for a sunday bimble parked up for some brekie, came back turned the key all fine no codes nothing happens on the starter :-[
So we try a bump start ....nothing...then my mate says whats that in your rear tyre .. bugger a sharp stone & a puncture.. :'( :'( :'(
IMG_0317.jpg

So top gear rules..they go on i get breakdown..
We have the bike in bits in P&H carpark we by-pass the start switch it turns over but theres no fuel, we pull the relays and we get fault codes so they must be ok, fuses all tickity-bo to.
It must be the the dreaded kill/start switch issue.... I dont know for sure but its my best guess , the switch must tell the ECU what to do.:(
Lucky i had my pocket plugger to fix the puncture whilst i was waiting for recovery ;)
Will keep you posted on the outcome. ;)

Ahh good old P&H. I used to work there..

5500 miles in 3 months and still loving it ;D my DTC/ABS is working its self but i ride with it switched off anytway ;) its due a 6600 mile service soon so wil see what BMW can do about it then.

Billy

First service finally sorted. Slick mode engaged. No issues with the bike on the 15 mile journey home.

Touch wood (phnaar) got away with it......

I have had mine since April and covered 2200 miles and so far so good!

Fingers crossed it will stay that way ;)

Had mine 13 months and covered 3,500 miles .
Faults:-
Fuel light keeps comming on , only cure is to stop at Petrol station , Then light goes OUT!
Speedo gives false reading - I CAN'T be going that fast !

Apart from that "sweet as a nut" ;D

I rang Chandlers BMW and told them my issue & they came and collected it and said they would fix it under good will as im out of warranty :) he even admitted that there is a known problem with the switch, which is a first :eek:
Bloody annoyingly it only went and started aswell :mad: but he said they do that i could go again at any time!
About an hour after they picked up my bike they phone me & tell me that the switch is on world-wide back order,
so i said so how long? We will send you out a GS 1200 this afternoon as we know you like to ride :)
So far so good, got a weekend in france at the end of the month so better be back by then! :D

despite issue of recall this bike blows everything else out of the water, reckon its just that any issue, large or small and this is the place to get advise or see if anyones had simular. good point though, feel good stories needed

Bike switchgear changed under goodwill, had an over zealous woman from car sales tried to bill me for 2 weeks bike hire, cheeky mare.. i said no its free cos its to cover me for my inconvenience for being stranded. So got that free as well ;D ;)
Was like riding a bloody missile after an old GS1200 :eek: :eek:

Well well well time for my first fault/warranty claim.

No prizes but can you guess whats failed?

Back