Friday afternoon bike?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p-trax

Reaction score
Is this the right place to have a rant?

So, after picking my bike up last sat (1st), and have the first service at 830 Thursday morning, I've had Loads of problems!

I wonder if it's a coincidence or a result of the remap?

About 40 mins after the remap/service, I had a total power cut out, pulled over, restarted all seemed ok. 10 mins later the left hand screen goes blank apart from engine temp reading.

Back to dealer this morning, no fault codes retrievable so sent on my way.

Riding into London tonight, all fine, on the way home nose dives and abs and dtc lights come on and stay on. Restart and now dtc flashing and abs on solid.
Same after restart.

Bike is being recovered to dealers first thing in the morning.
Seriously hacked off, got a whole weekend of riding planned.

@r$e!

At least you have managed to sort your first service. I've been waiting 3 weeks for a slot at my one and only local dealer with the bike now on 675 miles.

Not looking forward to this now. When you mention re-map in your first post what do you mean? Do they actually re-map the bike in the first service or just remove the 9k limiter?

I'm pretty sure there was another post on here complaining about bike issues after the first service.

they upload a new map to ecu to remove restriction, and an oil change.
Think that's it.

Bike was amazing between faults though :)

Sorry to hear of your problems, don't let this put you off as they truly are an amazing bike and i'm sure the dealer will sort for you. If your dealer is SBW your in good hands as they will do their upmost to sort for you.
Where in Herts are you? as you should join me and Farebro for blasts as we are from Hemel and Watford.

Good luck

Paul

I know Dave well mate, he's the reason I test drove the s'thou in the first place ( ride out with him a lot)

Look forward to meeting you

I'm near Knebworth (Oaklands)

FFS!

Finally back home on a POS F800ST! What a soulless machine

After tinkering for a while, and not finding any faults I was sent on my way. Within 50 yards all the faults were back.
Dealer is totally stumped, and to add insult they won't let me take their demo S1000!

Total bunch of arse!

Sale of goods act? Fit for purpose etc etc. Sounds like there is quite a disparity between BM Dealers , some Very good e.g. Loan of S1000rr to do a track day whilst own is in for repair to your case. Any point in contacting BM headquarters? ???

Apparently the demo is not insured to be stored away from the dealership, only service teams bikes are, and they only had the bag of shite that is now in my garage.

Only fair that I take back my last comment, sales guy just called me to say that gotten authorisation to borrow the demo s1000.

Temporarily restored my faith :)

p-trax link=topic=1391.msg13239#msg13239 date=1347115995 said:
Only fair that I take back my last comment, sales guy just called me to say that gotten authorisation to borrow the demo s1000.

Temporarily restored my faith :)

Good to hear, when my bike went through the cod rod bolt recall f@ck up SBW kept hiring me a 2012 race prepped bike to use on the track days i had booked and went above and beyond what they had to do to keep me happy.

I had my conrod bolt f@@@ up done recently took the bike to delears as arranged had to get the train back (100ish miles each way) as any of there bikes could not be given out for long periods (due to work and hols they had mine for 3 weeks)
Got taken over by a mate on the back of his bike off home no problem
Following weekend off to Wales with the lads for the day when after we stopped for t and pi55 the bike wouldn't start phoned recovery service One and half hours to get to me ah!!!
While we were wating we set about my bike with the supplied tool kit under the seat only to find the cable to the starter motor not connected called the dealer to let them know what's happening in there workshop but got no response "it's had a lot of work done " was the only reply

I got a F800st whilst mine was in for service, hmmmmm not sure what it was trying to be or who would buy one. Sorry for the off topic post!

Johnboy link=topic=1391.msg13351#msg13351 date=1347300493 said:
I got a F800st whilst mine was in for service, hmmmmm not sure what it was trying to be or who would buy one. Sorry for the off topic post!

Agreed, no redeeming factors that I could identify

so, after changing the speed sensor, taking it on an "extended test ride"
bike is still not fixed. they are now seeing a fault code they cannot identify so have contacted BMW head techs.

thought i would make a call to Motorrad customer services, but seems they are permanently too busy to take my call (auto message).

so having picked up my bike on the 1st of september it has now been with the dealer more than with me.

not impressed!

they originally stated the problem was my titax aftermarket levers, as the master cylinder plunger was not seated properly in the lever barrel. although they took a file to this and believe they have removed that as a concern.

anyone else had problems with afternarket levers causing brake drag and consequent ABS ,DTC issues?

Fingers crossed all seems fixed. After replacing sensor again, they traced control cabling back until they found a screw that had fouled the cable causing abs to shut down/throw fault.
Gave it a bit of a run today and no faults.

Back