Speeding Ticket advice please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
Got Gatso'd on way back from Scotland in July, I got the NIP thru and wrote back to them asking for photo's (just to be awkward). They sent the pics and said if i didn't suggest a rider within 14 days they'd refer it to the Magistrates. I wrote back and coughed to it on the 19th July.
My query is I still havn't heard back from them........... all i can see is one of two eventualities
1. They've dropped a bollock and not processed it and saved me 3 points & £60
2. They've not received my letter and i've been referred to court
Would love to get away with it but dont really want to have to go to court, in Northumbria, day off work, trying to convince a dodering old JP that all im guilty of is 36mph in a 30 ???
Anyone anything useful to advise, experience of this?
Cheers

Fingers crossed the've fk up.i heard that If you don't recieve a ticket within 2 wks off a speeding offence you won't . Would imagine if you've put your hands up to it and you havnt heard back buy now your a winner.if not and you get a summons after all this time (19th July )get some legal advice.fingers crossed for you.i also got done for doing 36 in a 30 following traffic the fuckers where in a unmarked small white van

You've admitted to the offence,the 2 week let off doesn't count in this case,plus they have a good 6 months to process the offence,even after that your not 100% in the clear.

if you get caught on a camera they have 14 days to send NOIP- you have to reply section 173 road traffic act, you have 28 days to reply. if you don't disclose the driver/rider that is a separate offence. you can not try and get away with this as people describe in other forums.

if you have replied they have several options
1 offer you a driver/rider improvement scheme usually around £80 1 day with no points but is in the force area where the offence is committed,
2 summons you to court, time limit 6 months from the day of the offence- they will offer you the option to plead guilty by post( cheapest option) usually 3 points and £60. if you go to court the minimum will be £60 3 points and court costs.

what speed were you doing? this will effect if you can have the driver improvement scheme.
the scheme is favoured in some places as the police force get some of the costs where as a ticket they get nothing it all goes to the government

hope this helps

ekdg link=topic=1373.msg13106#msg13106 date=1346876039 said:
if you get caught on a camera they have 14 days to send NOIP- you have to reply section 173 road traffic act, you have 28 days to reply. if you don't disclose the driver/rider that is a separate offence. you can not try and get away with this as people describe in other forums.

if you have replied they have several options
1 offer you a driver/rider improvement scheme usually around £80 1 day with no points but is in the force area where the offence is committed,
2 summons you to court, time limit 6 months from the day of the offence- they will offer you the option to plead guilty by post( cheapest option) usually 3 points and £60. if you go to court the minimum will be £60 3 points and court costs.

what speed were you doing? this will effect if you can have the driver improvement scheme.
the scheme is favoured in some places as the police force get some of the costs where as a ticket they get nothing it all goes to the government

hope this helps

Cheers, was 36mph so doubt id get the improvement course. The NIP did say about 3 points & £60 fine if i 'fessed up to it, thought i'd have heard back from them by now though ::)

fatbob link=topic=1373.msg13111#msg13111 date=1346878895 said:
I just done a speed awareness course for 35 fella
Ring and ask for it

Not sure whether to wait and see if i've got lucky???

i am in the same boat john boy i got collared by a speed detection device [there words] at a 102 on the 20th of june i sent my pink slip in to say that i was the rider and i haven't heard a thing since i am itching to find out whats going on but i am taking the route of no news is good news i have been waiting over 9 weeks now !!

102 was it on a motorway or a A road?

This will be classed as a high speeder and usually go straight to court, normally over 100 would attract a disqualification. :-[ :-[ :-[

If they are going to summons you to court they have 6 months from the date of the offence to serve the summons, this can be done by first class post, of they can deliver by hand if they have tried posting and it was returned.

The summons pack will include statement of evidence- ie camera operators statement- financial means form- this will dictate the size of the fine you get.

there will also be other information, if you are getting banned then you will have to attend to surrender your licence and be told that you have been disqualified.

Depending on what you do for a living and your life style ie use of a vehicle to earn money support family etc the you can plead for a lesser disqualification but this usually comes with a larger fine.

hope this helps?

Cheers guys, i thought most forces use the 10% +2 rule thus making 36 too high for for the course????
Im just perplexed whilst it's taking so long to issue an SP30, as ive owned up and isnt crime of the centuary so cant see them sending it to the mag's.
How long has it taken for anyone elses 2nd lot of paperwork to come thru?
Cheers

Finally ot a response today! Result. they've offered me the speed awareness course, don't kow how how much it will cost as i'm out of area but couldn't give a sh1t it's better than 3 points. I am however tempted to point out that i dont need a speed awareness course, i've got an S1000RR for godsakes, im well aware of speed ;)

Speed awarness course costs about £80 . Mate went on one recently and one of Guys taking course was "Jobs worth" so no point in entering in a rational debate.

Think of that as a result I'd rather pay 80 all day long than have another 3 points& 60 fine. I no it was only 6mph above the limit which sucks but just think of the speeds you have done. Licence buy buy

Hi Johnboy - not that long ago i got caught on a fixed camera - 46 in a 40 limit - also went on the course.
A bit too long to get the point across - but not too bad really.
As Parley says - not much point in entering into a debate during the course - 'lecturers' were ex - police force volunteers on their own time - the courses are set to target the 'just over the limit' speeders for the course 'cos the statistics show that this group is the group that will show best results in the long term. (Not sure about that) Anyway - it's better than points / insurance / hassle. (I think).

Here in Cumbria it's the preferred option to offer the course to borderline cases.
( another form of revenue ).

Back