Insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aants

Reaction score
hi all

i pick up my bike on the 17th Sept only because wife booked us a bloody holiday for the next 2 weeks :(

i currently pay less than £200 for my duke
just had quote from my Insurer who have always been pretty good and they quoting me £ 670!!

used a couple of the compare sites and its no cheaper there

anyone use another insurer thats good

are BMW worth a try?

thx

Ant

lol, when I got my bike most quotes were £4000 and I got a quote from BMW Motorrad Insurance for £1600 which I snapped up. Renewal quote was £2300 so insured via H&R for £830.

Where do you guys live? Fort Knox??

Jus renewed mine with MCE. 32 years old, garaged, 3 points, 4 years protected no claims, mods declared, 6000 miles per year, £560

My insurance knows about all mods,but as they are not performance mods it doesn't make a difference,plus my bike is in my living room,5000 miles a year max,no pillions,not used for work.
Plus where I live insurance is pretty good. Oh and my house insurance says bike is ok in house,doesn't affect my insurance,but they won't cover me if I damage bike in house lol.

But the highest quote I got last year for the BMW was £10,000! Pml said a one off payment of £10,000 not sure who it was though. Should of saved the page ;D

Give bmw a call I payed £286 fully comp, could be because its yellow they think nobody

in there right mind would would steal one in that colour. :) :) :) ;D

£271 fully comp Max No Claims , Clean licence . ( MCE) Locked in Brick Garage. Rural setting and past my prime :(

AppleT link=topic=1344.msg12741#msg12741 date=1346437818 said:
Give bmw a call I payed £286 fully comp, could be because its yellow they think nobody

in there right mind would would steal one in that colour. :) :) :) ;D

Lol :D :D :D

must be cos im a sprightly youngster at 49

only got bmw left to try all others over £600 even with 9 yrs no claims lol

Im just in the process of insuring mine, standard bike £230 fully comp sdp and commute 40 with 4yrs no claims.

Add a exhaust and power commander £520.

yet to call BMW insurance but will be trying them next week.

of sell exhaust and PCV save some cash?

I got a quote for a lot more than that !!

Iv lost Amy full no claims as I haven't insured a bike on the road for 3 years. I'm 1 year out as I have insured a bike in the last 4 years.

My cheapest fully comp quote ????

£9500 !!!!!

Iv been riding since I was 21. I'm 31 now......the companies don't recognise the fact iv actually been riding 1000cc bikes on track for the last 5yrs non stop.

I don't ride the bike on the road so have gone with a Motorsports on and off track insurance policy.. It was a LOT cheaper !

The bike is insured at my property and whilst on the track. Its not insured for riding on the road. Iv used a company called Lockton for a few years now. Real good people to deal with.
Very reasonably priced too.

Back