BMW Club Track Days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have been receiving emails from Robert Bensley who organises the BMW Club Track days, they seem to be very well organised and thought I would share this info with you.
Oh btw, I do not belong to the BMW Club ;)
Ash on here is one of their Instructors

Hello to you all, firstly thanks to all who came to one of the BMW club track days this year, secondly to those who did not attend, thanks for showing an interest and perhaps we may see you another time?
I am always looking to improve our way of running these events, any comments, suggestions or criticisms will be given thought and consideration.
Over the last 3 years I have introduced about 150 road riders to first time track riding, whatever format the day may take our main concern will be for running a safety conscious event, not necessarily for the track day regular but for those who choose to do a few a year.
In August this year many of our cautious group chose to ride with an instructor or coach for a considerable part of the day, that is what they are there for, we do enjoy passing on knowledge and riding tips to newcomers.
We consider our experienced group gives freedom to the riders to do as they wish provided they still show consideration to slower riders they may be circulating with.
For the inter group we feel the compulsory session of Ducks and Drakes is time well spent, after all we have to lead every group for a minimum of 3 laps, so why not stay out all the session and not waste time re-entering the pit lane.
At both our Snetterton days this year we managed not to have any red flags (stoppages), this means that all riders got their full time on track, (in August we had a late start due to the track being waterlogged, the circuit management apologised and gave us extra time at the end of the day, this was out of our control and quite frustrating for a while as our timetable and the demo bikes timetable was out of sequence,)
For next year I am considering running 2 days again at Snetterton, I would like to use another track elsewhere in the country but at present my main contacts are towards the east of the country. other tracks to consider are Lydden in Kent, Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire, Bedford Autodrome Bedfordshire and Angelsey, Wales, at all these tracks there will be other organisations running events where we can join in but I will not have full control of the day. If I get 100 promises to come to Lydden I would hire the circuit and ‘go for it’. Please let me know your preferences, places like Brands and Oulton are out of our price range.

For this year if anyone is still up for more, another well run day is organised by Hopp Rider Training, at Cadwell Park on September 19th, as the name may suggest this is a ‘training’ day, the morning is spent doing Ducks and Drakes with instructors, the afternoon is given to free lapping.
The day is open to all types of road legal bikes, no tyre warmers etc.
It is run with military precision.
There are rules if you break you will go home early.
It is suitable for road riders looking to improve their skills, not those who are looking to set their fastest lap times.
Find out more on the HRT website.

Finally, please pass this on to anyone who you think may be interested in joining us in future, thanks for your time, R B

Back