harley experience.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie

Reaction score
Just got back from hols where i got a fatboy for a few days riding the coast of brittany. Got really lucky with the weather, so got to be honest, got lulled into the experience. blazing blue skies riding the coast road. Beach 5 or 6 paces from the road and scantly clad woman who were far too young for me even to look at ( not that that stopped me). Nearly arse ended the vehicle in front of me several times :eek: Never been a fan before but had a great three days, but reckon without the sun, beach, bikkini's and good food and drink (in the evening) it wouldn't have been the same. Was a good experience but was glad to get back on my S thou :D

sounds like you had a good time fella
hope you didnt stop letting on to other bikers like the rest of the humungous arseholes that ride em
"Look at me Im great even though my bike is 450KGs and a bag of shite"!!!

fatbob link=topic=1301.msg12222#msg12222 date=1345551513 said:
hope you didnt stop letting on to other bikers like the rest of the humungous arseholes that ride em

Not usually one to Pigeon hole folks but.....I'll give anyone on a bike "the nod" from a young lad on a 'ped to someone on the Biggest Tourer, however it does seem to me that the only group who ever fail to return it (in the large majority) is Harley riders. I know it's only a throw away gesture, but for me totally displays their arrogance and desire to be seen as "special". Fact, you are not! We are all bikers it just seems that some of you disappeared up your own fat arses and pay over the odds for crap underdeveloped bikes with a badge.
PS glad u had a good time Jamie, end of rant ;)

Johnboy link=topic=1301.msg12224#msg12224 date=1345555585 said:

Not usually one to Pigeon hole folks but.....I'll give anyone on a bike "the nod" from a young lad on a 'ped to someone on the Biggest Tourer, however it does seem to me that the only group who ever fail to return it (in the large majority) is Harley riders. I know it's only a throw away gesture, but for me totally displays their arrogance and desire to be seen as "special". Fact, you are not! We are all bikers it just seems that some of you disappeared up your own fat arses and pay over the odds for crap underdeveloped bikes with a badge.
I nod at all bikes,like you say even the 125 boys,we were all there once and they love it when I give them the nod lol most fat boy Harley or chopper guys don't even bother,including the tourer guys. Seems us race boys are muck. Found a lot of Ducati riders are the same lol and the odd Beemer guy,like the bandit at Watton garage lol

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1301.msg12236#msg12236 date=1345569595 said:

I nod at all bikes,like you say even the 125 boys,we were all there once and they love it when I give them the nod lol most fat boy Harley or chopper guys don't even bother,including the tourer guys. Seems us race boys are muck. Found a lot of Ducati riders are the same lol and the odd Beemer guy,like the bandit at Watton garage lol

Dont seem to have that with the duke riders.... my mate that i ride with most weeks does have an 1198 tho! I don't get it all tho? There's loads of old boys on classics round my way an they'll gladly give a nod, having said that they're riding the sports bike of 50 yrs ago, i guess they get us. I hate to be talking about "divisions" in motorcycling tbh, but they are clearly there. Fookin hell we have enough battles for our love, let alone looking down on one another :mad:

your right about the divisions, i'll nod at all aswell, including the born again mods. but it's the goldwings (not that they are bikes, just cars with two wheels) that i find snooty tw@ts, I'll be sticking with sports bikes for as long as possible thanks anyway ;) but it was the right bike for that particular trip. Maybe i didnt nod as much as i would normally, but that was because of staring at ti... boo....breas......mel....ya know what i mean ;D

Harley riders. I know it's only a throw away gesture, but for me totally displays their arrogance and desire to be seen as "special". Fact, you are not! We are all bikers it just seems that some of you disappeared up your own fat arses and pay over the odds for crap underdeveloped bikes with a badge.
;D ;D ;D I like it..... lol

Back