The new family member

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumppole

Reaction score
The other half passed her DAS test three years ago and has made do with a CBR125 since that time. Not the kind of bike that captures ones heart.

With my recent purchase of the S1K and the Fireblade before that, it was her turn to purchase a new toy.

She wanted another horse but I put my foot down firmly and we ended up with this little gem instead.

The wife is a lover of all things retro so fell in love with it the moment she set eyes upon it.

nc30haydenrep001.jpg

nc30haydenrep002.jpg

nc30haydenrep003.jpg

nc30haydenrep004.jpg

nc30haydenrep005.jpg

nc30haydenrep006.jpg

nc30haydenrep007.jpg

nc30haydenrep008.jpg

nc30haydenrep009.jpg

nc30haydenrep010.jpg

nc30haydenrep011.jpg

nc30haydenrep012.jpg

A UK registered VFR400 (NC30) that started its life as a grey import.

1900km on the clocks.

It was seemingly imported, crashed and thrown into a garage and forgotten about. Along came a very good friend of mine who over the last few months has stripped it down to its nuts and bolts and with the greatest of care and more patience than I could ever hope to have, has breathed new life into the old girl. She looks stunning.

Forks, brakes, brake discs and brake lines replaced. All new stainless fixings used and new seals everywhere. Added a new exhaust, reconditioned the forks and added new internals.

Finally she was given a new colour scheme. The ‘Hayden’ Honda Repsol Valencia 2008 livery.

She purrs like a kitten and the wife loves it. I can’t wait to take her out myself.

Hope you like.

Rumps.

mmmmm always liked them :) :)
but cant fold up enough to fit on one :'( :'(
or the baby blade
rode my mates nc30 for about 20 miles was in agony for the rest of the day (damn lanky legs)

Very Nice I have a RVF400 NC35 that used to be a track bike but i rebuilt into a road bike that the other half rides.

Its very addictive when you get it on the corners and the V4 screaming at 15000 revs

;D ;D ;D

I've already laid down the gauntlet. It would appear that she has lifted it and struck me firmly upon the chin with it.

Booking a track day with the g/f so she can show me her skills.

Now to buy some BT090 tyres for her.

Back