Have you got stone chips?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have quite a few small stone chips on the front of my S1000 so I was very pleased to meet the people from www.rsbikepaint.com last night, they have touch up paint and aerosol's for our Bikes.
Touch up cost £8 + vat and carraige. The paint is water based and will need a Lacquer (£8 +vat). Full instructions/tips are supplied with the paint to help you do a professional looking job. ;D

They have a massive data base of so very many paint colours its impossible to list, almost every bike from 1903 is listed. I asked for some paint for my Tiger frame and I was surprised to hear that they have the exact match.

If they dont have the paint colour you need the will make it. This includes car paints etc etc.

Mines starting to to look like i've been riding behind a council gritter :eek:
A good excuse for saving up for some carbon me thinks! ;) ;)

Yes it can look rather 2nd hand with chips, fortunately i can respray my own. Another place mine started to look peppered is on top of the swing arm probably through the hole in the hugger, i temporary put a tank pad on there.

3000 miles in and I don't have any on the front,just under the seat! Going to replace underseat section next year and fit it with the Venture Shield. And the odd 1/2 on the swing arm. Don't get up cars arses,and the front will stay chip free.

4000 miles and mine covered in them, also found a big hole in the plastic inner fairing next to the rad!

Mines covered, fortunatly nearly the whole of Scotland had been " top dressed" when we went a few weeks ago, fookin shit for my bike but at least it looks like they're pretending to look after the roads

Mines pretty untouched even after 8500 miles, must be the colour. Scratched my rear rim getting it out which was more annoying.

unionjack link=topic=1283.msg12089#msg12089 date=1345316215 said:
Mines pretty untouched even after 8500 miles, must be the colour. Scratched my rear rim getting it out which was more annoying.
You must ride like me Greg,if you tailgate cars you will get sprayed! I have none on the front of the bike,even fork legs are perfect,but I have them 3mm covered. While looking I have a couple on the back wheel,but nothing bad.

unionjack link=topic=1283.msg12092#msg12092 date=1345316624 said:
I only tailgate in the car because I can't get past ;D
Lol,but it's true for bikes,if you tail cars,you will get hit! People have always commented on my bikes,and ask how come I don't have chips! Simples really,keep your distance.

andybarsblade link=topic=1283.msg12106#msg12106 date=1345318674 said:
Mine are from following other bikes, some feel like boulders when they hit my arms.
Lol,I thought you wouldn't get any with those wheelies mate ;)

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1283.msg12011#msg12011 date=1345222745 said:
3000 miles in and I don't have any on the front,just under the seat! Going to replace underseat section next year and fit it with the Venture Shield. And the odd 1/2 on the swing arm. Don't get up cars arses,and the front will stay chip free.

Aye, got a monster chip under my seat unit - must be a 10mm x 5mm gouge that's 3-4mm deep as well. Must've gone over a half brick or summat....

Trumpetman21 link=topic=1283.msg12259#msg12259 date=1345582097 said:
Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=1283.msg12011#msg12011 date=1345222745 said:

Aye, got a monster chip under my seat unit - must be a 10mm x 5mm gouge that's 3-4mm deep as well. Must've gone over a half brick or summat....
Ouch! That under seat gets a real pounding! Going to replace mine next year and get it Venture Shielded.

Back